Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Are you a dynamic individual interested in business model, pricing strategy, program development and operations? Do you want to work for one of the fastest growing technology companies in the world and be based in San Francisco? Then this position at Splunk is for you!
We are looking for a well-rounded individual with a demonstrated ability to deliver results. Reporting to the Head of Pricing, the Director of Pricing will support one or more Splunk lines of business and act as the go-to person for any pricing questions related to their portfolio. Key focus areas include defining pricing models for new offerings, adjusting strategy & tactics to changing market conditions, optimizing price points across multiple routes to market, and delivering operational excellence in the implementation of all pricing decisions.
This role is essential to Splunk’s success and involves working closely with partners across Product organization, Sales, Operations and Finance. Given the multi-dimensional nature of the role, you should possess a combination of skills across business consulting, analytics, project management, communication with a strong commitment to teamwork.
- Collaborate with leaders in sales, marketing, and product organizations to craft new business models, define monetization strategies for new offerings, and optimize packaging & pricing for existing products
- Conduct primary research (qualitative customer interviews, quantitative market research including conjoint and other robust pricing research) & deliver pricing recommendations that follow a logically reasoned, data-driven approach to achieve strategic & financial goals
- Build business cases for changing business model, or new product monetization strategies and driving alignment across the company
- Optimize product portfolio by creating effective strategies & programs to increase cross-sell/up-sell
- Guide pricing proposals through Splunk’s governance process, from Pricing Committee approval through to implementation
- Define and evaluate Key Performance Indicators to track pricing performance and enable continuous improvements
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Marketing, Business or an equivalent; MBA preferred
- Minimum 10 years of experience in strategy consulting, product management, corporate strategy or monetization strategy, ideally at a SaaS or enterprise software company
- High aptitude to learn quickly, assimilate to new teams and projects, provide critical thinking on new and unknown tasks, and work well under pressure with appropriate attention to detail
- Ability to analyze the complex situation, quickly tease out core problem and frame the solution approach
- Demonstrated leadership experience driving complex, cross-functional initiatives
- Ability to juggle, prioritize and meet deadlines in a rapidly changing environment
- Extraordinary interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization
- Self-motivated with ability and desire to take ownership of projects and move processes forward; Tenacious approach to problem solving
- Personal interest in technology and all things Big Data
- Position is based in San Francisco
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.