Product Marketing Manager - Observability (Open to Remote)
Join us as we pursue our mission to remove the barriers between data and action so that everyone thrives in the Data Age. Splunk is filled with people who are passionate about pushing the boundaries of technology in an effort to help our customers succeed. Splunk is creating a world where data provides clarity, elevates discussion and accelerates progress. We invite you to explore what has made us one of the fastest-growing technology companies in history, and how you can be an integral part of our journey!
We're seeking a Product Marketing Manager for Splunk Log Observer, a key component in Splunk Observability. In this role you will own the end to end marketing of a product in a red-hot market. You will be the subject matter expert for your product, guiding Sales and the rest of the marketing organization, lead the go-to-market strategy, and drive awareness, demand generation, and sales enablement. If you’re looking to take ownership of a product and build leadership skills, this role is for you!
- Act as the subject matter expert for Splunk Log Observer
- Develop positioning and messaging for Log Observer so that it resonates with our core audiences: DevOps teams, SREs, IT Operations, and software developers, as well as tech leaders
- Empower our sales and customer-facing teams with the sales plays, messaging, tools, and training they need to confidently describe our POV and get customers excited to try, buy and adopt our products
- Lead GTM strategy, planning and execution for product launches for Splunk Log Observer, in order to drive awareness, demand and most importantly, customer adoption for new innovation
- Inform strategy and planning for observability integrated marketing campaigns, in partnership with cross-functional stakeholders across the marketing team
- Provide thought leadership for observability as well as partnering with marketing to build engaging content such as blog posts, eBooks, presentations, workshops, and webinars
- Perform market research and analysis to improve Splunk’s understanding of the observability and logging markets, competitors, and key trends
- Collaborate with product management to harness customer insights and help inform market requirements
- 4+ years of experience in strategy consulting or in product marketing, product management, sales engineering at a B2B software company. Career switchers with a top MBA are welcome!
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding how to effectively position B2B products for growth in the market, appealing to technical users and economic decision-makers
- Experience in the observability, monitoring, AIOps, DevOps, or other software delivery spaces is a plus
- Growth mindset, positive attitude (no jerks policy), and curiosity to learn and try new things
- Bachelor's degree is a must.
- MBA is a plus
(Colorado only*) Minimum base salary of $75,000.00. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits.*Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity, equity, and inclusion at Splunk and are committed to equal employment opportunity. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement. If you need assistance or an accommodation to apply or during the hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. We comply with local, state/territory, and federal regulations to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the countries in which we operate. Preventative measures may require individuals entering Splunk offices to be fully vaccinated and in some cases may require employees to show proof of full vaccination. Splunk provides reasonable accommodations for employees who have qualifying medical or religious reasons.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected]. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.