Director, Quality Engineering - Platform & Observability
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make all machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are excited about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
We have a disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone. Our engineers are passionate about our products and our customers demand more of it. At Splunk, we’re committed to our people, customers and having fun at work! Splunk is an industry leader in the “Data to Everything” platform and is well-positioned to extend the lead with our bold new vision.
If you thrive on leading software engineer in test teams while staying close to innovation and technology, we want to talk to you. Observability is key to Splunk’s transformation to a cloud company focused on developers and DevOps personas. You will work collaboratively with a set of amazing product management and engineering partners to help draft the test strategy, delivery, and execution of those experiences
We are seeking a leader who sets high standards for personal and team performance, moves quickly to assess the current situation, makes recommendations to executive leadership, and implements changes to support the business. Exceptional leadership and communications skills, and the ability to work cross-functionally, are key success factors for this role. You are a self-starter, have led technical teams, and is well-versed in state-of-the-art tools and technologies that enable industry-leading QA / testing organizations. You are required to have strong working knowledge of the Observability/APM/AIOps which is key for the Quality leader & champion who will lead this area - Splunk Observability Cloud.
- Thinks strategically, quickly identifies and acts on opportunities. Consider the downstream impact. Focuses on work that matters.
- Drives performance. Holds self and others accountable. Deliver results, Never settle for status quo. Willing to have tough conversations. Asks for feedback and takes action to improve.
- Work side by side with engineering leaders/managers to enforce an 'automation first' strategy to test case execution; ensure CI/CD pipeline key integration to drive product quality and streamline release qualification process
- As a Manager of managers owns accountability of the deliverables of a team of quality engineers and contributes to their growth and career development.
- Driven, results oriented with exceptional written and verbal communications and presentation skills
- Design, build, and measure quality metrics to be used across the broader organization.
- Customer Centricity: advocate for quality, be the voice of the internal and external customer. Ensure the teams implement and follow best practices to prevent defects, RCCA/PIR’s and have E2E quality in mind
- Establish strong working relationships with the Support organization to ensure quality is measured and maintained once code reaches production
- Strong knowledge of Cloud and SaaS testing.
- Solid understanding of new technology stacks and key personas such as SRE/DevOps/ITOps
- Knowledge of the Observability/APM/AIOps market and key capabilities/differentiation across the categories
- Understanding of modern software development lifecycle using scalable Agile, including experience with CI/CD frameworks and continuo
- Knowledge of ML landscape, tools and application of ML to solve specific user problems
- Bachelor's or Master degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field required.
- 12+ years of experience in software QE. 8+ years of people management experience, including managing via other managers
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disabilities, etc.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity at Splunk. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. Splunk is impacted by the mandates outlined for U.S. Government contractors in President Biden’s Path out of the Pandemic: COVID-19 Action Plan. As a result, Splunk requires U.S. employees, whether assigned to an office of 100% remote, to provide proof of full vaccination, as defined by the CDC. Splunk provides reasonable accommodations for employees who have qualifying medical or religious reasons.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected] Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.