Engineering Manager, UI Frameworks
Join us as we pursue our powerful vision to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
The Splunk Engineering culture is collaborative and innovative. Your peers are hard-working and dedicated to the craft of engineering, QA, product management and customer support. Splunk is a fast growing company, constantly adapting to the changing needs of our customers and the climate of our business. You will encounter new challenges on a regular basis, accompanied by support for your learning and career growth.
As an Engineering Manager, UI Frameworks, you will be responsible for leading a team of highly capable and committed engineers working on Splunk’s Dashboarding and Visualization frameworks. We help customers ask the right questions about their data, and create meaningful narratives for IT and Security operations, compliance, user behavior, demographics, and changing trends.
The team is engaged in design, development, and delivery of next-generation user experiences for cloud-based customers. You are an experienced leader in front-end technologies, passionate about creating a learning and collaborative culture for your team. Our team is passionate about software engineering, creating innovative user interfaces, and continuously improving how we work.
- Partner with multi-functional team members to develop and maintain a well-defined roadmap, while balancing technological excellence.
- Contribute to the technical direction and architecture with engineering team members.
- Facilitate coordination of multiple scrum teams to successfully deliver committed feature sets.
- Driving practices in training, development, and efficiencies across multiple feature teams.
- Diagnose and resolve systemic obstacles that prevent your team from delivering high-quality software.
- Build a culture of continuous learning, growth, and sharing of technological insights.
- Educate and advocate for engineering standard methodologies within the UI ecosystem.
- Recruit, mentor, and develop extraordinary engineers.
- Partner with your peer managers to influence and drive engineering initiatives at the wider area level.
- 2+ years of Management experience in Engineering.
- 5+ years of product development experience building rich user experiences for scalable products, ideally in web applications.
- Proficiency in modern web technologies; React, Redux, Jest, Storybook, Webpack, i18n/l10n, a11y, etc..
- Demonstrated ability to deliver multiple complex technical projects in an agile environment.
- Demonstrated ability to foster a culture of learning, psychological safety, respect for differences and collaboration across all engineering skill levels.
- Bachelor’s degree; or equivalent practical experience.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
(Colorado only*) Minimum base salary of $150,000.00. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits.*Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity, equity, and inclusion at Splunk and are committed to equal employment opportunity. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement. If you need assistance or an accommodation to apply or during the hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. We comply with local, state/territory, and federal regulations to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the countries in which we operate. Preventative measures may require individuals entering Splunk offices to be fully vaccinated and in some cases may require employees to show proof of full vaccination. Splunk provides reasonable accommodations for employees who have qualifying medical or religious reasons.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected]. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.