Senior Director, Brand + Creative (Remote US)
As Senior Director, Brand + Creative, you will lead an in-house brand and creative team to define, cultivate and grow the Splunk brand. Reporting to our VP, Corporate Marketing, you will be responsible for driving the creative vision and brand strategy to differentiate and fuel global awareness for Splunk - capturing the hearts of minds of customers, Splunkers and influencers. You will partner across the organization to define all brand experiences ensuring global consistency and local relevancy.
You’ll also be responsible for guiding the talented team – helping them build their skills and grow their careers. If you’re an exceptional communicator, a creative thinker and have a passion for building a fun, iconic (and Splunky!) brand, we’d like to talk to you!
- Create our brand identity, brand systems and vision that accelerates Splunk position as the market leader in Security and Observability solutions
- Lead the creative, brand and copywriting teams to deliver content and experiences that are simple, human, inspiring and beautiful
- Lead our creative team to develop, concept, produce and execute our global brand advertising campaign
- Develop, refine and evangelize creative ideas and campaigns that are thoughtful and clear, across all channels
- Strategize, develop, and execute a holistic global brand strategy to drive engagement, loyalty and fuel business growth
- Lead, inspire and coach a team of 30+ talented designers, copywriters, brand strategists, brand marketers and project managers
- Nurture and grow our unique and much-loved brand across our customers, partners and employees
- 15+ years as a brand executive and creative director, preferably with a high-tech large-scale brand ($1b-$5b+), who pushes for design excellence and operational rigor with a high degree of creativity – reaching both the heart and minds of customers
- 5+ years designing, creating and producing global advertising campaigns
- 5+ years leading creative production teams either in-house or agency
- Experience establishing brand systems for high-tech large scale B2B Tech brand ($1b-$5b+)
- Prefer understanding of building brand strategy and brand architecture
- You are a natural storyteller, you share your point of view, but always ask what’s missing.
- You deeply invest in understanding the humans around you.
- History of attracting, retaining, and developing strong creative and brand talent
- Direct management of creative team of 15+ people
- Creative portfolio that includes produced work for brand identity and advertising campaigns
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Note: Splunk provides flexibility and choice in the working arrangement for most roles, including remote and/or in-office roles. We have a market-based pay structure which varies by location. The base pay for this position is dependent on work location as set out below, as well as the knowledge, skills and experience of the candidate. In addition to base pay, this role is eligible for bonus and benefits, and may be eligible for equity.
Base Pay Range
SF Bay Area, Seattle Metro, and New York City Metro Area
Base Pay Range: $224,000 - 308,000 per year
California (excludes SF Bay Area), Washington (excludes Seattle Metro), Washington DC Metro, and Massachusetts
Base Pay Range: $211,200 - 290,400 per year
All other cities and states excluding California, Washington, Massachusetts, New York City Metro Area and Washington DC Metro Area.
Base Pay Range: $190,400 - 261,800 per year
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity, equity, and inclusion at Splunk and are committed to equal employment opportunity. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement. If you need assistance or an accommodation to apply or during the hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.
To conform to U.S. export control regulations, applicants must be eligible for required authorizations from the U.S. Government.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. We comply with local, state/territory, and federal regulations to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the countries in which we operate. Preventative measures may require individuals entering Splunk offices to be fully vaccinated and in some cases may require employees to show proof of full vaccination. Splunk provides reasonable accommodations for employees who have qualifying medical or religious reasons.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.