Full-stack Developer - Public Sector
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Check out Splunk Public Sector – We’re hiring! https://vimeo.com/27949957
Are you interested in owning the entire development lifecycle, from storyboard to delivery? Building rapidly and pushing completed capabilities into the market? Spending a few weeks to a few months on a challenge, shipping, and pursuing a new one? Constantly learning through new challenges and requirements? Seeing the material impact of your code in a customer environment? If you answered yes to these questions, then the Full-stack Developer role at Splunk Public Sector might be the role for you!
- Work closely with other developers and solution architects to design, prototype and deliver new solutions to defined customer segments
- Pivot to new projects with each delivery, typically lasting between a few weeks and three months
- Develop new data visualizations, data integrations, back-end capabilities, UI/UX functionality, workflows, and analytics on the Splunk platform
- Participate in the solution working group, a multidisciplinary team responsible for taking innovative solutions to market
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or similar course of study or equivalent professional experience
- Experience with REST interfaces
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Excellent problem-solving skills with phenomenal attention to detail
- Hungry and motivated to learn and grow
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Based out of Splunk office with very little travel required
- No security clearance needed
- US Person or US Citizenship required
- Experience with analyzing data, performing statistics, and using query languages
- Experience developing data visualizations D3.js
- Experience with React frameworks
- Strong background with Unix/Linux systems and concepts
- Prior experience working with, and developing integrations and solutions for, Splunk or other modern big data systems
- Knowledge of networking and security principals
We value diversity at our company. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.