Senior Business Analyst - Procure to Pay - Finance Technology (remote OK)
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
What you will be doing
As a Senior Business Systems Analyst, PTP - Finance Technology, you will be part of the core team that is responsible for designing, building and maintaining the SAP S4/Hana and Ariba and related technologies supporting the Source to Pay organizations. You will work with Business and IT partners, vendors, use keen business process understanding, appreciation for simplicity and quality, out of the box thinking, and a bit of elbow grease to build holistic solutions that meet business and technology objectives while furthering Splunk’s long-range goals.
What you'll do: Yeah, I want to and can do that.
- Work very closely with Procurement and internal IT operations team to understand the business requirements and then partner closely with IT development teams and design solutions
- You will evaluate potential new applications and solutions against business requirements, ensuring they are aligned to broader architectural and security standards and that they meet tactical and strategic objectives.
- You will also collaborate with a global hybrid team of business analysts and engineers supporting production applications and maintenance of 24x7 applications in a SOX compliant environment.
- Work with Development/QA teams to build/test the solution.
- Providing support to business as they migrate suppliers to Ariba, to include configuration, testing of processes and solving issues
- Build proofs-of-concept (POC) for potential new solutions and technology
- Create and present functional and technical design including data analysis to business team, and seek feedback to influence solution design and approach
- Document functional business requirements, process flow diagrams, and business cases
- Facilitate review sessions with functional owners and end-user representatives
- Lead UAT with end users including coordination and user acceptance signoff
- Preparation of user documentation and training documentation as necessary
- Demonstrate business knowledge and expertise to drive business process improvements
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- 10 years of experience as a PTP Business Analyst.
- At least three years Source to Pay process experience.
- Hands-on functional configuration and design experience in Ariba and SAP S4 HANA systems.
- Exposure to other finance business process areas including OTC, GL Accounting, AR is a plus
- Demonstrate deep functional knowledge of the Ariba modules: SLP, Supplier Risk and Dynamic Discounting.
- Ability to interact with all levels of business users
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to influence the partners
- Highly motivated and self driven, with keen attention to detail and work in dynamic, fast paced, fast growing company where flexibility is imperative.
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving skills and quick learner of new technologies.
- Deep experience and expertise in translating business requirements and processes into low friction automation and high impact solutions
- Drive standard business processes and solutions.
Preferred knowledge and experience: These are a huge plus.
- Salesforce CRM knowledge and/or experience
Education: Got it!
- BS or MS in Computer Science/Information Systems or equivalent experience required
What We Offer You: Wow, I want that.
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of extraordinarily hardworking, innovative, open, fun and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and dedication and believe that balance helps cultivate an extraordinary environment
This isn’t a job – it’s a life changer – are you ready?
Splunk has been named one of San Francisco Bay Area’s “Best Places to Work” by the San Francisco Business Times, ten years in a row. We offer a highly competitive compensation package and a plethora of benefits.
Splunk is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected]. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.