Director of Engineering
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk’s Security portfolio has made it the leader in SIEM Magic Quadrant and we in the Security Applications team are now working on integrating these capabilities on the Splunk Cloud Platform. We are looking for an experienced, passionate and hands-on engineering leader to help drive delivery of the first Application on the new Cloud platform that integrates Enterprise Security Analytics, User Behavioral Analytics and Orchestration.
You are someone who thrives in a dynamic, hyper growth environment and has a track record of technical expertise and strong execution. You will guide, mentor and motivate a team of passionate engineers to deliver their best work, while you grow and expand this team. You will act as a liaison between your team and Senior Management, Product Management, Project Management, Cloud Platform teams etc.
- Experience developing highly scalable analytics solutions for Big Data products.
- Experience developing and delivering scalable, full-stack SAAS solutions, preferably in the Security domain.
- Experience building, developing and deploying products and services to production using DevOps principles like continuous build, integration and delivery, test-driven development and build/test/release automation.
- BS CS/EE or equivalent with 15+ years of industry experience, of which 7+ years is in Engineering Management
Roles and Responsibilities:
- You will diagnose and resolve systemic obstacles that prevent your team from delivering high-quality software.
- You will contribute towards Product Strategy and direction.
- You will champion an atmosphere of continuous improvement by serving as a coach, mentor, and technical advisor.
- You will meet 1-1 with team members on a regular basis.
- You will plan and support career development.
- You will recruit and retain top talent.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.