Software Engineer Co-Op (Winter 2022)
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Data Processing IO is looking for university students passionate about data technologies to spend 4 months with our Vancouver engineering team. Our team is a dynamic technology group with a mission to be the primary data processing path for any type of data transformation and routing activity in near real-time. If you possess a passion for extraordinary technology and embrace the challenge of working at the frontier of what is possible in the industry today, then this position is for you. We are building state-of-the-art capabilities, real-time messaging and streaming systems, support tools, and automation instrumentation that will greatly impact how our customers successfully use data to improve their businesses performance, scalability, profitability, and market strategies.
In this role, you will
- author new small and/or well-defined programming tasks
- take time to learn how features work including the existing test automation framework enough to triage, update, and creating new test cases
- focus on growing as an engineer, learning existing tools, resources, and processes.
- participates in Sprint review and planning
- receives guidance and technical mentoring from senior members of the team
To be a successful candidate, you have:
- Familiar with one mainstream programming languages, such as Go or Java
- Familiar with test-driven development, writing various levels of automated tests, such as unit test, functional test, integration test, system test, or performance / load test
- Familiar with CI/CD, such as Jenkins, GitLab CI, or Bitbucket pipeline
- Familiar with modern version control system, such as Git
- Able to learn new technologies quickly
- Adequate communication skills, both verbal and written
- 2+ years of university level education in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
Not required, and would be good to have:
- Exposure with cloud technologies, such as AWS, Azure, or GCP. Ideally with certifications
- Exposure with container technologies, such as Docker. Ideally with container orchestration such as Kubernetes or Docker Swarm
- Exposure with streaming processing platform, such as Flink, Storm or equivalent
- Experience with messaging system, such as Apache Pulsar, Kafka or equivalent
- Exposure with Splunk software or a similar analytics solution
- Exposure with leading or contributing to open source projects
- Exposure with working in a direct customer facing environment
What We Offer You:
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of exceptionally talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
- We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and dedication, and believe that balance helps cultivate an extraordinary environment.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity at Splunk. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. Splunk is impacted by the mandates outlined for U.S. Government contractors in President Biden’s Path out of the Pandemic: COVID-19 Action Plan. As a result, Splunk requires U.S. employees, whether assigned to an office of 100% remote, to provide proof of full vaccination, as defined by the CDC. Splunk provides reasonable accommodations for employees who have qualifying medical or religious reasons.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected] Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.