Senior Legal Counsel, Employment
Senior Legal Counsel, Employment
Join Splunk’s Legal and Government Affairs team and have the opportunity to make an immediate contribution to our continuing global growth and success. As part of the Compliance, Employment & Risk team, you will support our Human Resources function, with a primary focus on helping build and improve global processes and policies, and advising on employee relations issues worldwide. You will also provide employment-related support for the company’s M&A activities. We are seeking a highly motivated and hardworking teammate to take initiative and ownership of key projects, procedures, and initiatives, and closely partner with Human Resources and business functions across Splunk. You will be integral to helping grow and scale the Legal and Government Affairs department, and in turn will have an amazing opportunity to develop professionally. This role will report to Splunk’s Senior Director, Employment Law Counsel.
Highly collaborative with a strong desire to make a significant impact. Flexible, creative, and self-motivated—shows initiative and perseverance, resourcefulness, a strong work ethic and maintains a sense of humor. Demonstrated business sense and legal judgment, with the ability to be both strategic and detail oriented. You will possess outstanding negotiating, writing, speaking, and analytical skills; strong organizational and project management skills; an ability to work dedicatedly in an entrepreneurial, extremely fast paced, and high growth environment; a desire to be invigorated by a collaborative, innovative and decisive culture; a high degree of accountability, professional motivation and drive; and ease in developing relationships of trust and confidence both within and outside Splunk.
- Provide day-to-day proactive advice and support on global employment-law related matters.
- Manage and drive global projects, process, and standards, including coordinating with regional counsel to create consistency and/or alignment across geos.
- Assist the HR team with the successful management of the employee lifecycle, including hiring, performance management, employee relations, and separations.
- Coordinate with HR to help manage employee relations concerns, investigations and employee departures.
- Oversee and direct internal investigations, demand letters, agency charges, and employment-related litigation in conjunction with outside counsel.
- Manage outside counsel and related matter budgeting.
- Support global compensation and benefits programs.
- Monitor and implement new employment laws and regulations impacting our global workforce.
- Work collaboratively and responsively with a broad range of colleagues in the U.S. and globally, ensuring strong relationships between Legal, Human Resources, Cyber Security, Finance, Stock Administration, IT, and Corporate Development to facilitate a coordinated team approach.
- Work cross-functionally within Legal, including regularly partnering with the Corporate, Innovation, Commercial, and Compliance, Employment & Risk teams.
- Coordinate with Legal and HR to recommend, develop, and continuously improve our global employment-related policies, procedures, and trainings, as well as our global employment template library (including global employment agreements and separation agreements).
- Help develop critical initiatives, practices, and processes that will advance and scale Splunk’s business while continuing to mitigate risk.
- Pitch-in on whatever legal work needs doing, whenever it needs to be done.
- At least 8-10 years of relevant experience focused on employment law at a law firm and/or in-house legal department
- J.D. degree from an ABA-accredited law school
- Member in good standing in any state bar
- Possess the drive and ability to balance working autonomously and collaboratively in a highly dynamic fast-paced environment
- Comfortable handling multiple projects and transactions in parallel, often with short deadlines
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to interface and partner successfully with stakeholders at all levels and varying functions of the Company
- Flexible and creative, with the initiative to contemplate multiple solutions to issues and to proactively and reliably drive sophisticated projects
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Prior experience working at or with technology companies
- California employment law experience
- Global employment law experience
- Top tier employment law firm experience
- Strong academic credentials
(Colorado only*) Minimum base salary of $145,000.00. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits.*Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity, equity, and inclusion at Splunk and are committed to equal employment opportunity. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement. If you need assistance or an accommodation to apply or during the hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.
To conform to U.S. export control regulations, applicants must be eligible for required authorizations from the U.S. Government.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. We comply with local, state/territory, and federal regulations to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the countries in which we operate. Preventative measures may require individuals entering Splunk offices to be fully vaccinated and in some cases may require employees to show proof of full vaccination. Splunk provides reasonable accommodations for employees who have qualifying medical or religious reasons.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.