Client Platform Engineer (remote OK)
Splunk is looking for a highly skilled engineer focusing on endpoint security, and configuration management that has a passion for administering enterprise software using best of breed technologies. Although prior experience as Helpdesk, Executive Support and/or Systems Administrator/Engineer may be helpful, this role calls for someone with at least 1 year of experience focused on Endpoint Security or Endpoint Protection. A strong grasp of minimum endpoint security standards will ensure your success in this role
The individual should be comfortable delivering at a high level in a fast-paced and growing environment. The right caliber of individual will drive standardization and management for our endpoints along with a number of enterprise applications and services. If you get energized working in a hyper-growth company, perform as a trailblazer verus a follower, are passionate about technology and solving IT operations-focused problems then this is the dream job you've been looking for.
This role provides high visibility and impact to both the CIO and CISO organizations. Location preference is in our San Francisco or San Jose, California offices, but working remotely is an option.
What you'll do: Yeah, I want to and can do that.
- You will be responsible for the architecture, design, integration, implementation, operation, and support of enterprise-wide applications and services
- Configuration Management for Linux endpoints using industry-standard tools to meet Security requirements
- Assist in developing long-term strategies and capacity planning for meeting future end-user needs
- Manage configuration of our endpoint security software such as endpoint detection and response, and host-based intrusion detection software
- You will partner with the Security Engineering leads to coordinate efforts, initiatives, and roadmaps
- Administer enterprise software including deployment and package management
- Create scripts/policies that automate application and settings distribution using internal tools
- Manage transition plans for major upgrades or patches
- Integrate with other internal systems and tools
- Manage and report on application performance against Key Performance Indicators
- Work as the SME and central point between various support teams for issues on the client platform
- Work as a liaison from the Splunker Technology Success org to other IT Service orgs to deliver feature enhancements and best in class solutions through shared products and goals
- Drive client security models and best-in-class practices in an enterprise environment
- Drive business decisions through data using tools like Splunk
- Diagnose and investigate unique and complex systemic problems
- Develop solutions that meet the business needs to complex customer requirements
- You are able to work proficiently with minimal daily guidance and bring mature seasoned skills when working with production systems
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- 10+ years experience in IT (Helpdesk, Executive Support, Systems Administrator/Engineer etc)
- 5+ years experience of providing application support and engineering
- 1+ year of experience with implementing Endpoint Security and/or Endpoint Protection standards and compliance across a huge enterprise organization
- A strong grasp of Endpoint Security and/or Endpoint Protection standards
- 1+ year of experience with Linux and/or Mac endpoint management
- Experience with macOS MDM management
- Strong documentation skills and the ability to transfer knowledge to peers
- Ability to work in high pressure, highly flexible environment against both short and long term requirements
- Ability to work effectively with team members, peers, and others in and outside the organization to accomplish goals, objectives and to identify and resolve problems
Preferred knowledge and experience: These are a huge plus.
- Experience with DevOps platforms such as Puppet/Chef/etc.
- Knowledge of bash/python scripting
- Experience using Splunk for reporting and dashboards
Education: Got it.
Bachelor’s degree preferably in Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or equivalent years of industry experience.
What We Offer You: Wow, I want that.
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of extraordinarily hardworking, innovative, open, fun and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and dedication and believe that balance helps cultivate an extraordinary environment
This isn’t a job – it’s a life changer – are you ready?
Splunk has been named one of San Francisco Bay Area’s “Best Places to Work” by the San Francisco Business Times, ten years in a row. We offer a highly competitive compensation package and a plethora of benefits.
Splunk is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.