Principal Splunk Subject Matter Expert
Principal Splunk Subject Matter Expert
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
The Splunk Subject Matter Expert team is comprised of individuals who are authoritative in the Splunk Enterprise Cloud Service. We're viewed as one of the most helpful and effective teams within Splunk.
We're looking for hardworking technical problem solvers to join our team and help contribute to our success.
Do you love seeing customers being successful with a service you have a hand in? How about rolling up your sleeves and diving into a problem and enabling others to be as good as you are? If so, we'd love to talk with you.
Our team has a broad charter, to ensure that our customers have the most fabulous experience using our service. We accomplish this by being hands-on in the support process. We help our customer support folks solve complex and difficult customer issues. Our team members are huge believers in automation and avoiding rote error-prone manual tasks and aim for seamless automation.
We take the insights from those experiences and work with the various groups like engineering, platform, app ecosystem, and product management to drive continuous improvement in all aspects of the service.
We embed in engineering teams to partner with them throughout the development process ensuring that features being developed are cloud customer ready.
- Engage with Sr. Leadership, business partners, internal team members, and collaborators to drive initiatives supporting the organization’s most critical business priorities and initiatives.
- Help develop a keen understanding of the Splunk product.
- You will tackle technical issues to establish the root cause of problems and form a solution or workaround across a variety of environments.
- You will take the findings from solving problems and use them to drive product and service improvement.
- You will understand and adapt to any constraints a team you need help from are working under and work towards mutual understanding.
- You will lead and mentor within the team working on sophisticated technical projects. As well as collaborate with all levels within the organization, from technical to senior management.
- Leverage your consultative skills in solving unique problems by using technical and business insight to advise the facilitation of developing objectives and approach
- Execute goal setting and with stakeholders and senior leaders and contributes to business/customer alignment
- Be effective and creative in solving problems with an ability to identify issues and resolve, or identify the internal resources to assist
- Have a deep level of Splunk knowledge.
- You're comfortable with AWS and GCP services.
- You're comfortable with languages like Python or Golang.
- You approach problems from an analytical standpoint and let data drive your decisions.
- You love being an enabler and mentoring others.
- You're always looking for the common ground.
Splunk Certifications Required
- Splunk Enterprise Certified Admin
- Splunk Enterprise Certified Architect
- Splunk Certified Developer
- Splunk Enterprise Security Certified Admin
- Splunk IT Service Intelligence Certified Admin
- Splunk Core Certified Consultant
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.