Incident Commander- Remote
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
As a member of the Splunk Support Incident Management Team, you will be responsible for owning the response to high profile customer impacting incidents. In this role, you'll be part of a team of global incident commanders responsible for managing high severity incidents from initial triage through after-action review. This is a senior role at Splunk requiring an individual who can take charge in high stress situations and give direction to both customer personnel and to Splunk engineers to drive expeditious resolution of incidents. We are looking for a natural leader with proven knowledge of incident management frameworks, a demonstrable understanding of distributed systems environments and the ability to communicate clearly and effectively to technical and business audiences.
- Take command of incidents by setting up or taking over a cross-functional technical bridge call, comprised of internal and external partners
- Work with SME’s to interpret key metrics from monitoring tools and facilitate a discussion aimed at building an incident action plan (and a backup plan if appropriate)
- Ensure that the partners have a deep understanding of the issue, the action plan and the path to resolution
- Ensure that each participant understands the incident management process and their role in that process
- Set clear incident resolution objectives (exit criteria) and timings.
- Provide direction and time management to keep the resolution effort on track and moving forward
- Host post incident review meetings to assist in the technical root cause analysis
- Operate as part of a 24X7 global team of Incident Commanders and ensure perfect handover of critical issues to other regions
- Actively participate and drive team process improvements
- Partner with outside groups to ensure cross training opportunities are realized
- 5+ years in incident management or technical support for an enterprise software company
- Strong leadership skills
- Proven knowledge of incident management and problem management frameworks (eg. ITIL) as there will be cross functionality responsibilities
- Demonstrable understanding of distributed systems concepts
- Ability to work multi-functionally and to influence/execute across groups
- Strong critical thinking, decision-making abilities
- Good interpersonal skills, both verbal and written.
- Executive presentation skills.
- Work well in dynamic changing environment and is comfortable with ambiguity.
- Negotiation, mediation and conflict management skills.
- Knowledge of Jira, SFDC, Confluence is a plus.
- Basic understanding of cloud technology.
- Experience with internal and external communication. Be able to articulate & translate complex, technical information into easily digested and understood, jargon free terms.
- Rotation on-call responsibilities which includes weekends/holidays.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected]. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.