IT Executive Support Specialist
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun, and most importantly, to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
The Executive Support Specialist, reporting to the Senior Manager of Executive and Event Support within the IT organization, is a role that will provide white-glove technical support to our executive customers. You will be part of a dedicated executive support team that provides high-quality service, consistent messaging, and dynamic support to our executive customers. You are an expert that drives issue resolutions and provides strong customer focus to enable a seamless experience for our executive customers on a day-to-day basis, as well as at high-profile events. This role requires that you have outstanding communication, problem-solving skills, and the ability to adjust to changing priorities. You will use your experience to provide a pleasant customer support experience that values executives' time and provides the right solutions at the right time to exceed expectations.
You will need to be a self-starter that can take ownership, prioritize, and handle various tasks simultaneously while maintaining a positive demeanor. In addition, strong verbal communication and written documentation skills are a must for this role for promoting ideas throughout the business to both technical and non-technical partners.
- Provide onsite and remote white-glove IT support for senior leadership and their administrative assistants
- Drive a seamless and amazing onboarding experience for our new executives
- Provide break-fix support as issues are discovered and resolve in a timely manner
- Identify the root cause of issues and document the root cause
- Consistently meet or exceed our defined SLA expectations
- Create knowledge articles and videos to enable the team and customers with technology
- Flexible working hours to support early morning and late evening coverage, as well as occasional weekends and holidays
- Provide event support during executive meetings and smaller meetings in event spaces
- Communicate with a customer-first approach both verbally and in written form with our executive customers
- Provide basic home network troubleshooting, audio/visual, and workstation setup
- Assist with projects as assigned
- Travel up to 25% between Splunk offices and offsite event locations
- 5+ years of demonstrated ability with Mac and PC technical support
- 5+ years of demonstrated ability using ServiceNow, Google Workspace, Microsoft Office, Slack, and Zoom
- 3+ years of demonstrated ability solving mobile devices, printers, and corporate network issues
- 3+ years supporting executive-level customers in corporate environments
- 3+ years providing technical support at corporate events
- Experience with high-priority escalations and high-pressure situations
- Demonstrated experience paying attention to details
- Demonstrated experience with clear and concise verbal and written communication
- Ability to take ownership to deliver outstanding customer experiences
Preferred Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience supporting a distributed team is a plus
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field or equivalent technical industry work experience
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
(Colorado only*) Minimum hourly rate of $36.06. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits.*Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity, equity, and inclusion at Splunk and are committed to equal employment opportunity. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement. If you need assistance or an accommodation to apply or during the hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.
To conform to U.S. export control regulations, applicants must be eligible for required authorizations from the U.S. Government.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. We comply with local, state/territory, and federal regulations to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the countries in which we operate. Preventative measures may require individuals entering Splunk offices to be fully vaccinated and in some cases may require employees to show proof of full vaccination. Splunk provides reasonable accommodations for employees who have qualifying medical or religious reasons.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.