Field Engineering Intern
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
We are excited to commence recruiting for a next team of awesome Sales Engineering Interns to commence in February 2020!
Splunk Field Engineering Interns will get the opportunity to learn Splunk technology, features, solutions and applications. You will get to work with Splunk Sales engineers to support Splunk product evaluations for customers, help identify and resolve technical issues at customer accounts, and ensure overall customer happiness. You will be actively participating in various aspects of the technical sales process at the direction of your manager and the sales team.
- You'll become a Splunk advocate who can clearly articulate Splunk’s value to partners, answer technical questions from customers in an accurate and expedient manner. You will help call out issues or questions that need further attention to your sales team and/or Splunk technical support.
- You will learn to demonstrate Splunk products and services to customers and at field marketing events such as conferences and trade shows. You may occasionally travel to visit customers.
- You are organized, analytical, and possess strong presentation skills
- You also can be creative and adaptive in your approach to problem-solving.
- You must be in your Penultimate or Final Year of study and pursuing a BS degree program in computer science, engineering or a related discipline
- You possess strong written and verbal interpersonal skills. You have experience with networking, server, application and web technologies is desirable.
- You have some Unix based scripting language (Perl, Python, sh) and some database query language (SQL), report development is desirable. Domain expertise with IT Operations, Application Management and/or security/compliance is desirable.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which you are applying.
This is a paid part time internship (2 days a week with exceptions around your study/exam period) to commence in February 2020.
Does this sound like the perfect Internship for you? Please submit an updated Resume with a Cover Letter detailing why the internship interests you and how you believe it would assist you in achieving your longer-term career goals.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.