Corporate Development Associate
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Are you a dynamic individual interested in M&A, investments and corporate strategy? Do you want to work for one of the most dynamic and growing technology companies in the world? Then this position at Splunk is for you!
We are hiring an Associate to join Splunk’s Corporate Development team, responsible for driving inorganic growth at Splunk through strategic M&A and Splunk Ventures investments. The team collaborates closely with senior Splunk leaders across all functional areas as well as external executives, investors and advisors.
As a Corporate Development Associate, you will be involved in the full transaction lifecycle from strategy formulation and target identification through execution and integration. This requires you to maintain deep knowledge of Splunk’s markets and relevant companies within those markets to identify opportunities for inorganic growth and provide recommendations to Splunk leaders. You will also help quarterback the transaction process, drive due diligence and build business cases with cross-functional teams. You will have significant visibility within Splunk and have opportunities for increased responsibility as our team grows.
Given the multi-dimensional nature of the role, we are seeking someone who has a combination of strong quantitative skills, project management skills, communication skills and a commitment to continuous learning.
- Research adjacent markets, monitor competitors and identify key trends impacting Splunk
- Partner with Splunk leaders on strategy development and build/buy/partner/invest decisions
- Establish relationships with and evaluate potential acquisition and investment opportunities
- Play significant role in deal execution including structuring, negotiations, due diligence, financial modeling and project management
- Prepare presentations and narratives for Splunk leaders that balance detailed analysis with crisp conclusions
- Operationalize Corporate Development processes to help Splunk scale
- Support existing portfolio of acquisitions and investments
- Experience with three statement financial modeling and other relevant quantitative activities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High aptitude to learn quickly
- Thrives under pressure with appropriate attention to detail
- Ability to juggle, prioritize and manage deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated to take ownership of projects and solve problems creatively
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills to interact effectively across all levels and work collaboratively
- Sound judgment used to navigate complex scenarios
- Interest in enterprise software industry and personal interest in data-oriented technologies
Education & Experience
- Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience, with at least 2 years in investment banking and/or corporate development ideally focused on the technology industry
- Bachelors or foreign equivalent in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity, equity, and inclusion at Splunk and are committed to equal employment opportunity. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement. If you need assistance or an accommodation to apply or during the hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.
To conform to U.S. export control regulations, applicants must be eligible for required authorizations from the U.S. Government.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. We comply with local, state/territory, and federal regulations to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the countries in which we operate. Preventative measures may require individuals entering Splunk offices to be fully vaccinated and in some cases may require employees to show proof of full vaccination. Splunk provides reasonable accommodations for employees who have qualifying medical or religious reasons.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.