Business Development Representative - German speaker
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is the world’s first Data-to-Everything Platform. Now organizations no longer need to worry about where their data is coming from, and they are free to focus on the business outcomes that data can deliver.
What you get from this role:
Are you ready to change the way businesses think and do you want to make your impact? How would you like to be the face of the brand and help prospects become customers of Splunk? If so, then this may be a phenomenal way for you to jump start your sales career. We are seeking a dynamic, early career professional to join our fast-growing team. There is a defined growth path for successful Business Development Reps to be promoted throughout the sales organization and other similar roles and marketing functions.
What your day to day responsibilities look like:
In this role, you will have key responsibilities such as working through sales campaigns as a hunter to cold call and email new prospects, qualify their needs, interest and purchasing power for Splunk products, and develop pipeline for the organization. You possess outstanding verbal and written interpersonal skills and you are dedicated to learning as much as you can about Splunk and building your business insight to be able to articulate the value proposition that our clients experience with Splunk.
You will create a positive first impression with our prospects and customers by providing them with "world-class" experience. You will complete initial introduction and qualification of potential sales opportunities for approval and assignment to the appropriate Sales Representatives. You maintain a sense of urgency and rapid response cadence in following up on all inbound inquiries and marketing campaigns. You are a strong performer and set the bar high.
- Conduct high level conversations with senior executives in customer & prospect accounts
- Contact 60+ prospects daily via phone, email, and other various forms of outreach.
- Qualify pre-opportunities by identifying if there is a pain point and does Splunk solve for it? If yes to both, further quantify Budget, Authority, Need, and Timeframe.
- Generate pipeline for the sales organization through marketing programs and coordinate meetings with Regional Sales Reps.
- Actively participate in and add to team learning opportunities and your own personal development
- Research and build new and existing accounts (i.e. adding contacts, sending emails, strategic calling)
- Represent Splunk at Trade Shows/Conferences to further evangelize Splunk to customers and new prospects
In order to be successful in this role, we are looking for someone who has:
- Previous experience in a professional environment (experience on phone or public speaking preferred)
- Native German Speaker
- Bachelor’s degree
- High ethical and moral standards
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong problem-solving skills
- High energy and positive attitude
- Ability to meet and exceed achievable targets
- Motivation, drive and a self-starting attitude
- CRM or Salesforce.com experience a plus
- Articulate and excellent follow up skills
- Strong desire to move up in other sales functions at Splunk
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity, equity, and inclusion at Splunk and are committed to equal employment opportunity. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement. If you need assistance or an accommodation to apply or during the hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.
To conform to U.S. export control regulations, applicants must be eligible for required authorizations from the U.S. Government.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. We comply with local, state/territory, and federal regulations to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the countries in which we operate. Preventative measures may require individuals entering Splunk offices to be fully vaccinated and in some cases may require employees to show proof of full vaccination. Splunk provides reasonable accommodations for employees who have qualifying medical or religious reasons.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.