Senior Digital Forensics and Incident Response (DFIR) Analyst
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey
The DFIR Analyst reports to the Sr. Manager of Digital Forensics and Incident Response (SplunkCIRT). The role is based in Kraków, Poland. This role will be responsible for delivering three core team responsibilities: incident response, digital forensics, and threat hunting. The nature of the work may include after hours and on-call support. You are passionate about DFIR, have a desire to always learn and improve, as well as mentor others. Previous experience in one of the following areas is required: digital forensics, threat hunting, and enterprise incident response. Critical thinking and great communication skills are necessary for this role, as you will need to convey highly technical concepts and advise decision makers on the best course of action. We are a passionate team who has fun, enjoys a good laugh but above all else thinks security first.
- Build strong relationships with business owners and service providers from across Splunk
- Triage, call out, and contain computer security incidents from across multiple Splunk environments, including segmented public cloud environments
- Develop and test incident response playbooks
- Provide digital forensics services including acquisition, analysis, and reporting for Linux, OSX, and Windows endpoints
- Conduct log analysis across a diverse ecosystem of technology to locate root cause of incidents
- Creation and execution of planned and ad-hoc threat hunting missions, which may transition into new detections
- Research and keep up to date on threat actors and new TTPs
- Write detailed incident reports and deliver presentations to key business partners
- Participate in after action reviews and contribute to improvements in the overall security posture of Splunk
- 5+ years professional IT or IT Security experience; or 3 years and a Master’s degree
- 2 years or more of experience as a full time incident responder or forensic analyst
- Knowledge of network security monitoring capabilities including Suricata/Snort signatures, session analysis, and full packet collection
- Knowledge of detecting threat actors across the entire cyber kill chain
- Working knowledge of conducting forensic investigations
- Ability to perform basic static and dynamic malware analysis
- Working knowledge of Cloud technologies
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and take-charge
- Demonstrated history of solving problems with no obvious solutions
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to see things through the customer’s eyes
- Solid attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information security or related discipline or equivalent work experience.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.