Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Role: Working in the Procurement Org and supporting Category Management Leads, the Procurement Specialist performs general and specific process and compliance functions for the purpose of supporting departmental objectives (rapid P2P cycle times, PO accuracy, enhance user experience etc.).
- Manages and executes cue of incoming Purchase Requests and Agreements from departmental requestors in Facilities, Marketing, Sales, IT, etc.
- Consults with departments as needed regarding purchase orders, contracts and confirming orders.
- Research invoice issues and assist in reconciling invoices to POs for payment.
- Reviews requisitions and purchase orders against quotes or contracts.
- Uses computer applications or other automated systems such as Netsuite, ScoutRFP, DocuSign and other software applications in performing work assignments. In the future we will move to Ariba and will provide training on its usage.
- Assists on special side projects related to Procurement.
- Prepares and issues Requests for Proposals to bidders who have been identified/qualified for “Spot Buys”. Spot Buys are typically one-time transactions with suppliers that would benefit from a rapid bid comparison, but without a full Sourcing process.
- Analyzes bid quotations for responsiveness to Requests for Proposals, evaluating factors such as commercial terms and conditions, price, delivery, financial status, technical capability, quality control, and geographical location of shipping point.
- Makes comparative analyses of price and delivery conditions, availability and quality of material, and new sources of supply
- Closes out purchase orders following confirmation of the successful completion of all contractual and procedural requirements.
- Assist in training employees on procurement processes and systems.
- Distribute necessary contract templates to vendors as needed or required.
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- 4-year degree in Business Administration or related field (or equivalent).
- 1-3 years of related procurement work experience is preferred.
- Advanced purchasing and contract management knowledge.
- Good written and oral communications skills, and competency in utilizing Scout, Netsuite and Ariba is a plus.
- Experience buying technology related services.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to use computer applications or other automated systems such as Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to communicate effectively to perform the essential tasks of the position; accuracy; good judgment; initiative and tact.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.