Associate Data Protection Contract Manager (Corporate)
Contract Manager, Data Protection (Legal)
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Job Description: That’s a cool job! I want it!
We seek an experienced Contract Manager to support Splunk’s commercial privacy and security program initiatives globally. This role’s primary focus is to help draft, negotiate and align Splunk’s commercial privacy and security obligations in its inbound agreements (to Splunk’s world-wide contractual, legal and regulatory obligations. The Contract Manager will work closely with members of Splunk’s Data Protection and Procurement teams to help maintain and evolve Splunk’s vendor data protection terms globally. The role will report to Splunk’s Director, Data Protection (Corporate). Splunk is based in the San Francisco Bay Area; for this position, full-time remote is available.
Personal Characteristics and Skills: How can I succeed at Splunk?
The successful candidate will:
- Have a high EQ and a strong history of successful cross-functional collaboration with others;
- Speak/write clearly and concisely with a flexible style adaptable to different needs globally;
- Rapidly adapt to evolving negotiations;
- Express complex ideas in easily understandable and effective ways;
- Possess strong project management skills;
- Work independently with a high degree of accountability;
- Be proactive and demonstrate initiative, resourcefulness, and a strong work ethic;
- Have good business judgment and think strategically;
- Maintain a sense of humor and live the mantra--work hard, have fun, make history!
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
The successful candidate will:
- Draft, review and negotiate privacy, security and data protection terms in vendor and product agreements--significant SaaS experience required (+5 years);
- Work collaboratively with legal and business clients to help identify, develop and implement process improvements to Splunk’s Data Protection Program;
- Assist the Procurement Legal team with contract administration, including contract process improvement, contract management tool maintenance, tracking and reporting;
- Help identify amendments to privacy and security contractual terms and new templates or clauses as required;
- Keep up with industry security guidelines such as SOC2, ISO, HIPAA, PCI-DSS and FedRAMP;
- Assist with performing vendor security/data protection risk assessments as part of Splunk’s vendor risk management program;
- Assist with data mapping, classification and related data management/compliance programs;
- Assist with data protection impact assessments;
- Other responsibilities as needed.
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
Candidates must have:
- At least 5 full years’ experience as a Contract Manager (Negotiator) for vendor agreements, including SaaS solutions;
- Significant experience with SaaS-standard security programs, such as SOC2, ISO 27001, HIPAA/PCI, and FedRAMP, including a fundamental understanding of program elements;
- Significant experience negotiating GDPR required Data Protection Addenda;
- A passion for privacy and data protection;
- Expertise in Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Contract Management tools (Apttus);
- Prior experience with OneTrust preferred.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which you are applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.