Director of Risk Management (Remote US Available)
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is the leader in big data, machine learning analytics with a significant presence in the cyber security market. Splunk is seeking a Director of Risk Management to join the Security Trust Office within Splunk Global Security (SGS). The Director is a people leader with direct reports and responsibilities including hiring, training, talent management, and development. The position is accountable for leading the security policy lifecycle, Information Security Management System (ISMS) program delivery, and measurement and oversight of the enterprise security program across multiple functions. The position is also responsible for designing, implementing, and chairing the Security Governance Committee, collaborating with a cross-functional team. Experience with developing, leading and overseeing security governance programs in a globally regulated enterprise and significant enterprise cloud footprint is strongly preferred.
- You are an influential people leader who is focused on developing a world class function by hiring and developing top talent
- You will act as an authority in IT Risk Analysis and Risk Management domain
- You are also proficient in developing and deploying risk management frameworks in real world environments
- You are skilled in conducting enterprise level technology risk analysis and communicating the results both up to senior level executives and also downstream to individual risk owners
- You have experience in building security roadmaps and long term plans to address identified risks to best handle Splunk’s risk profile
- You will own and maintain the Splunk Security risk register
- You will develop dashboards and metrics to represent corporate risk posture
- You will drive education of risk management methodology and frameworks to key business partners
- You will enable maturation of the security program and GRC tooling implementation
- You will develop technology risk strategies, implement action plans and recommend policy, standards and method changes for risk avoidance and mitigation
- 12+ years experience in a security governance, risk, compliance, or operations senior level leadership role; including two (2) years of accountability leading a security governance program
- Minimum five (5) years experience as a people leader with responsibility for direct reports
- Up to date knowledge of information technology processes and controls along with a deep understanding of risk and control frameworks (ISO, NIST, COBIT, OCTAVE, UCF, etc.)
- Experience working with enterprise risk management and governance toolsets (Archer, MetricStream, Modulo, ZenGRC, etc)
- Meaningful professional designations such as CISA, GIAC, CISM, CISSP, CRISC Certification
- Solid grasp of risk management concepts - impact, likelihood, ALE, SLE, ARO, threat, vulnerability, asset, risk identification, risk owner, risk profile, risk appetite
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills
- Highly organized, self-starter with the ability to work individually, within a team, and partner with external stakeholders
- You possess high ethical standards, level of commitment, and ability to cope with complexities
- You are able to plan, coordinate and monitor multiple projects and tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience required
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
(Colorado only*) Minimum base salary of $135,000. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits. Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity at Splunk. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. Splunk is impacted by the mandates outlined for U.S. Government contractors in President Biden’s Path out of the Pandemic: COVID-19 Action Plan. As a result, Splunk requires U.S. employees, whether assigned to an office of 100% remote, to provide proof of full vaccination, as defined by the CDC. Splunk provides reasonable accommodations for employees who have qualifying medical or religious reasons.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected] Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.