Facilities Planning Manager
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is searching for a kick-@#$ Space Planning Manager. The right candidate will possess the right blend of technical expertise, organization ability and proven success in a variety of workplace applications. You must be value driven, possess world-class diplomatic and customer service skills and be able to work seamlessly within the Splunk corporate culture.
As a member of the Facilities team, this role contributes to the global office planning efforts. The Space Planning Manager thinks critically to make decisions and to build solutions for a variety of scenarios at Splunk. Effective and clear communication skills will be valuable for: taking input from stakeholders, partnering with internal and external parties, reporting outward status updates, and clearly documenting all processes. You have the willingness to “get things done” at a fast pace with sensitivity to timing.
- Manage the Computer Aided Facility Management (CAFM) applications
- Manage all AutoCad drawings and floor plans from all Splunk office locations, and ensure spatial and data accuracy before importing into the CAFM system
- Work with key business partners to understand growth projections, adjacency needs, and associated space/allocation needs
- Help develop short-term and long-term strategies for space solutions in new or renovated spaces
- Coordinate with the Facilities team to perform building audits to verify employee locations, space signage, furniture layout and room configurations are correctly noted on floor plans
- Perform spatial analyses to develop scenarios on the most strategic use of space
- Prepare related reports on space inventory and utilization
- Manage vendors/suppliers for projects, including but not limited to office furniture, and moves/adds/changes
- Assist leadership and local Facilities teams in identifying problems, trends, or future space needs and recommend changes in space assignment and inventory processing to managers and key partners
- Other duties may be assigned
- 5+ years professional experience in a combination of space programming, space planning, occupancy planning, MAC coordination and project management
- Proficiency with Excel and CAFM systems, experience AutoCAD preferred
- Ability to read and interpret floor plans and construction documents
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication, interpersonal, organizational, and project management skills
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving skills
- Experience working within a customer-facing environment
- Enjoy working with a fun, diverse team
- BA/BS degree or equivalent combination of education, training and experience in Space/Occupancy Planning
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the relevant location.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.