AVP, Partner Sales IT Markets Group
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Are you a leader with a passion for driving GTM and execution plans for IT Market Groups (IT, DevOps, API)? Do you love working with partners and sales teams and evangelizing groundbreaking software? If you answered yes to these questions then we have a home for you at Splunk! As the AVP of IT Market Groups at Splunk you will lead, build and maintain a sustainable and profitable ecosystem of key Partners that sell, implement and support Splunk IT Operations Market group, and in doing so drive revenue and growth for Splunk globally.
You will lead the Partner strategy and have overall responsibility for Partner Sales execution across the globe and ensure that all quarterly and annual targets are met and exceeded with a mix of sell to and sell with Partners. As a key member of the Global Partners Leadership team and you will work in close cooperation with the Global Business Leaders, the Regional and Country field teams to ensure Partner and success of the business.
You have an extensive understanding of the Partners’ business, the territories and verticals in which they compete, their corresponding strategies and initiatives, and managing the necessary activities to enable both the Partners, and Splunk to be successful in the IT Markets space. You also know how to develop and maintain positive relationships with senior level decision makers and other key personnel.
You will also work with Partners and Field Sales teams on joint engagements, while the Partner ecosystem is being transformed; significant high touch joint account engagement will be required. Demonstrating to the Partners how to drive a successful sale cycle around IT and DevOps, accurately positioning, and collaborating to close deals will be a critical part of this role, while new Partners are coming up to speed on working with Splunk.
- You will focus on aligning Splunk IT Markets (IT, DevOps, API) offerings to our identified Partners
- Take accountability for Splunk’s IT Partner business plan, strategy and execution ensuring alignment with Splunk’s overall strategy to drive top line revenue growth
- Lead and develop all Partner enablement programs according to the Global business plan.
- Introduce and launch Partners to Splunk Sales, Marketing and Services and build, manage and participate in joint marketing events
- Be an ambassador and represent Splunk in all relevant events, public speaking opportunities, large bids and other Customer/Partner forums as required
- Contribute as a member of the Global Partner Sales Leadership team in the ongoing development and formulation of a solid Partner strategy for the business as it continues to grow
- Identify, nurture and grow a cohesive IT Dev/Ops community within Global Partners
- Partner with Splunk GTM and sales teams to ensure a seamless experience for ITMG customers.
- Develop coverage recommendations to improv value delivery by our partner ecosystem.
- Shape customer expectations and deeply align outcomes with customer requirements with a focus on business value.
- Use expertise and industry knowledge to bridge vision and desired state of Partner ITMG strategy.
- Engage a cross-functional team of Splunkers in achieving the above goals.
- Work alongside other Splunk Practice Leaders and IT Market experts.
- Minimum of 15 years of successful Leadership, building and running an IT Markets organization & Partner Business within an enterprise software company
- Drive for execution and results. Ability to execute and deliver against business goals consistently driving profitability and contribution to revenue achievement
- Excellent communication and highly developed interpersonal skills with strong ability to work collaboratively across the organization and obtain positive visibility and credibility quickly – a strong team player who contributes to the overall success of Splunk
- IT Markets expertise (ITOA, DevOps, API, Analytics). Relevant enterprise software experience in any of the following is a huge plus; IT systems, enterprise or infrastructure management, application development and management,
- Solid understanding of IT software solutions, log and machine data integration. Experience with Splunk IT and security product line, Enterprise Security, User Behavior Analytics, Phantom, and Splunk Enterprise a plus.
- Experience leading change, developing processes, implementing procedures and working collaboratively across organizations to achieve desired outcomes.
- Willing to work as part of a diverse team, taking guidance from multiple stakeholders to achieve organizational outcomes and work in a positive and effective manner.
- Strong leadership qualities and able to lead, develop, motivate and empower high performing teams who contribute to the success of Splunk
- Travel is required up to 50%, possibly more at peak times. (is some international)
- Bachlor's degree preferred, MBA a plus
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.