Senior Software QA Engineer - SAP S4/Hana
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
As the Senior Software QA Engineer, you will be responsible for setting up Quality Assurance standards for the IT Finance team. Come join a collaborative and growing organization where you can make a difference.
What you'll do: Yeah, I want to and can do that.
- You will be responsible for the design and execution of test strategy for information technology systems and solutions for Finance business area.
- You will setup the test automation standards, review the test code to ensure the quality.
- You will drive setting up CI, analyzing the test gaps, identifying tool requirements and implementing test processes that are aligned across teams.
- You will analyze the new feature impact and risks for release, review the test strategy and plans to certify the product quality.
- You will be responsible for diagnosing the test coverage, and defining the plan for covering the gap.
- You will build up test metrics that are backed up by data, and measure the product test quality.
- You will develop test expertise in our IT teams, and use the expertise to design the tests at scale.
- You will ramp-up a QA team to support the business continuity projects.
- Develop/create Test Plan, Test Cases along with automating the Test cases.
- Manage the day to day test execution, working with different functional groups & offshore teams.
- Review Test plan/Test Cases making sure 100% test coverage, Create test use cases & test data.
- Execute these test use cases and report bugs using the collaboration tools.
- Triage and drive bug resolution with appropriate teams.
- Support UAT testing activities.
What you'll need: I’ve already done that or have that.
- 8+ years of industry experience in testing (manual and automation)
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with testing SAP or S4/Hana
- 5+ years’ experience of test design, planning and hands-on resolving the test automation debt.
- Should have done QA Automation, Test Plan & Test Cases development for enterprise-scale SAP or S4/Hana projects.
- Should have sound functional knowledge on the post opportunity close processes such as Order Management, Order fulfillment, Billing, Revenue Recognition, Install base/Assets, Project Management for a software and services business model.
- Nice to have functional knowledge on other ERP process areas like Record to Report, Procure to Pay.
- Nice to have NetSuite & SFDC platform/application knowledge.
- You can break down complex problems in feature test design, solve big problems and perform root cause analysis.
- You can do defect analysis and you will be able to do hands-on trouble-shooting in distributed systems.
- You can think about the problem in a systematic way.
- You are proficient with automation test script design and development.
- You have good interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Experience working with Scrum teams & Test management tools is a big plus.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Accounting or equivalent years of industry experience.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which you are applying.
For job positions in San Jose, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.