Legal Operations Analyst - Contracts Coordinator
We are seeking a hardworking and motivated individual to join Splunk’s legal operations team. As the legal operations analyst - contracts coordinator, you are responsible for all contract management and administration responsibilities for customer transactions, including maintaining and organizing the contract management system, dashboard reporting, and integrating customer contracts of newly acquired companies. We need a well-rounded individual with strong interpersonal skills, attention to details, ability to corroborate input from a variety of stakeholders, and management of multiple projects at once. You will also be responsible for administering all legal technology used by the commercial licensing team. The role is based in San Francisco and will report to our Legal Operations Manager, Commercial Transactions & Contracts.
Personal Characteristics and Skills
You demonstrate initiative, enthusiasm and resourcefulness, and maintain a strong work ethic and a high degree of accountability. You love multi-tasking and operating independently and multi-functionally and are flexible and willing to work through day-to-day manual tasks. You have a high attention to detail, ability to learn and you possess an impeccable recordkeeping and record retention skills. You possess strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively present ideas. You maintain a sense of humor and live the mantra—work hard, have fun, make history!
- Assist with the integration of newly acquired companies, including tracking remediation tasks related to acquired customer agreements and maintaining and consolidating acquired records and contract management systems
- Maintain contract template versions and assist in deploying changes to templates across the enterprise and external platforms
- Provide day-to-day support and mentorship to the global licensing team and on the contracts management system (Apttus) and CRM tool (Salesforce.com), including:
- Filing and data entry
- Ensuring accurate tracking of key terms in contracts
- Preparing metrics reports and dashboards
- Responding to routine inquiries regarding business processes and use of systems
- Being responsible for ensuring contracts are executed in accordance with company policy
- Providing contract oversight to assure that agreements are negotiated, approved, executed and filed in accordance with company and departmental objectives and policies
- Maintaining and cleaning account records in Apttus
- Responding to inquiries regarding existing contracts
- Ensuring contract close-out, extension or renewal, as necessary
- Ensure compliance with company policies regarding contract management and execution
- Assist in capturing and providing legal responses to RFPs, vendor questionnaires and other requests for legal information
- Administer the ThinkSmart NDA tool
- Assist in system implementations, improvements and maintenance
- Other responsibilities as needed
- Bachelor’s degree with excellent academic credentials
- At least five full years in-house experience in legal operations, sales operations or contract management or administration
- Experience in the sales contract lifecycle and operations
- Experience in project management
- Experience in a dynamic world-class environment requiring a high level of responsiveness
- Experience working in-house at a technology/SaaS company strongly preferred
- Expertise in Microsoft Office Suite, DocuSign, Apttus and Salesforce required
- Expertise in Seal Analytics & Extraction Software strongly preferred
- A high level of understanding of contract terms required
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.