Distribution Account Manager
Job Description: That's a cool job! I want it!
We have a new role for the South EMEA “Distribution Partner Account Manager” to help Splunk support and grow our distribution partners. Position has the primary responsibility to meet and exceed, quarterly and annual revenue quota assignments for specified distributor(s). The position is responsible for growing Splunk's business in the distribution channel. This includes the understanding of distributor business goals and requirements, and being involved in the presentation of Splunk product, solution and technology propositions to distribution salespeople.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Meet and exceed revenue and bookings quotas in assigned channel.
- Consistently deliver aggressive license, support and service revenue targets – commitment to the number and to deadlines
- Account planning and opportunity management with the channel
- Lead sales efforts with channel
- Enable distributor & partners in our selling and product methodology
- Conduct training and on boarding to new partners
- Execute partner/sales marketing activities aligned with sales quota (marketing, campaign, cross-selling, pipeline generation and quota retirement)
- Manage interface between Splunk and channel/distributor. Manage channel conflict.
- Identify new resellers for distributors to on-board and manage on-boarding process
- Interact with Splunk direct sales team
- Team with channel/distribution team manager to direct distribution sales motions
- Directly manage / sell into channel/ distributors.
- Work with Splunk sales reps and channel to build and manage demand generation and marketing effort.
- Drive marketing activities with complementary technology partners
- Support sales team to drive marketing activities
- Work with ensure partners are driving towards certification requirements
- Ensure channel/distributors meet and exceed goals by:
- Understanding channel/distributors business strategies
- Communicating channel/distributors business strategies to pertinent departments in Splunk
- Understanding and presenting Splunk value proposition (corporate, positioning, products, technologies, capabilities) to distributors and VARs.
- Managing channel/distributors product focus.
- Managing quarterly and ad-hoc promotional activities at channel/distributors.
- Training channel/distributors salespeople.
- Monitoring and reporting competitive activities and sales.
- Monitoring and reporting on distributor POS sales
- Adjusting sales activities and product mix as needed based on POS sales.
- Managing co-marketing opportunities with channel partners and third party allies.
- Satisfy internal reporting requirements by submitting reports and records in accordance with company policies and practices.
- Participate in trade shows and make presentations, as required.
- Travel to distributor locations for mindshare, enablement and training
Requirements: I've already done that!
- Extensive experience in distribution, in a fast growing software company
- Distributor and VARs experience with a technology company that is similar to Splunk’s industry
- Recent and previous success exceeding revenue and bookings quotas in a distribution channel
- Experience identifying new resellers and prioritizing Distribution’s for a company’s team
- Success and references to prove the success from working with direct sales teams and sales leaders
- Experience strategizing and managing Distributors and exceeded goals
- Experience with analyzing and reporting actives related to sales and revenue activities
- Able to work independently and remotely from other members of your team and corporate
- Forecasting commitments and forecasting accuracy
- Fluency in French and English (conversational AND business fluency)
- Degree required
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.