Network Reliability Engineer
Splunk is seeking a Network Reliability Engineer to join the Network Engineering & Security Team. This role is responsible for developing and maintaining network monitoring and alerting solutions and automation to lead our global on-and-off-prem infrastructure. You will help lead the evolution of our network monitoring platform and author automation to help scale the business. You have an understanding of network engineering, including LAN and WAN, public cloud, business partner networks, remote access solutions, and data center networks. You have a solid record of operating and delivering within an enterprise environment.
- Develop and implement code for network automation solutions to achieve an Infrastructure-as-Code posture
- Deploy automation to provision and operate enterprise infrastructure
- Partner with network architects to define automation workflows and configuration deployment model
- Implement and maintain network monitoring solutions
- Work alongside network engineers to assure standardization and reliability of network environments
- Develop and automate network capacity planning solutions
- Assist with and help automate information collection for periodic audits and assessments
- Author documentation and justifications for network reliability solutions
- Help research, evaluate, and recommend network technologies
- Research, develop and showcase Splunk to support network operations
- Guide engagements with vendors and internal teams to drive and deliver network innovations
- A DevOps approach, and mentor team members in the areas of monitoring and operations tools
- Partner with teams to improve CI/CD processes and technology. Helping teams in delivering value early
- Partner on large scale cloud deployments. You're intent on being a cloud expert and will help others on the team learn the same
- Display a passion for innovation, creativity, and constant improvements of our infrastructure and organization
- Drive the adoption of observability practices and a data-driven demeanor
- 8+ years of Network and DevOps engineering experience with significant enterprise infrastructures
- Bachelor's degree preferably in Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or equivalent years of experience
- You are an experienced software engineer and understand how to apply engineering principles to on-and-off-prem network environments, including large scale public cloud systems
- Must have substantial experience and knowledge of Splunk toolsets
- You have an 'automate-first' demeanor
- Experience deploying and maintaining wide area networks with emphasis on IPSec, VPN, and SD-WAN
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation operations model
- Experience building distributed systems and highly-available services
- Champion and build a reciprocal working relationship with operational and business partners
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills are critical
- Experience with containerized microservice architectures such as Kubernetes
- Tool-first attitude. You build tools for yourself and others to increase efficiency and reduce human error
- Experience with configuration management and infrastructure as code- Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc.
- Experience with PAN-OS, JunOS, IOS, EOS, NXOS, TMOS, NIOS, etc
- Passionate about organizing, building, improving, resolving, and delivering
- Ability to work independently and solve problems with speed and efficiency
- Strong customer focus and service skills
We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and dedication and believe that balance helps cultivate an outstanding environment.
This isn't a job – it's a life changer – are you ready?
Splunk has been named one of San Francisco Bay Area's "Best Places to Work" by the San Francisco Business Times, ten years in a row. We offer a highly competitive compensation package and a plethora of benefits.
Splunk is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider employment-qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected]. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.