ITOA Markets Specialist (Public Sector)
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
About the Team This role will report into the Director of ITOA Markets Specialization, Americas and is responsible for driving the adoption of our IT Markets solutions across and within the defined region.
- Evangelize the Splunk IT Markets portfolio internally with Splunk’s field organization and externally with customers, prospects, and partners (related to the Public Sector).
- Drive IT Markets solutions adoption with existing customers as well as new prospects.
- Establish credibility with the field organization and with customers as a subject matter expert providing incremental value to the sales motion and customer interactions.
- Assist the field in creating, growing, speeding, and winning IT Markets business.
- Manage and report on the pipeline for IT Markets solutions within your defined region.
- Represent the Splunk IT Markets business unit in the field and help unify our product and go to market strategy. * Work closely with product management and market segment leadership to enhance new releases, business processes, messaging, packaging and pricing.
- 8+ years of high tech customer-facing experience in sales, sales engineering, professional services, product management, or consulting.
- ITOA domain expertise and consulted with business in the public sector realm best practices and monitoring, APM, ITOA etc.
- Public Sector experience a plus
- ITIL certification and/or 3+ years of relevant work experience in IT Operations, DevOps, or Application Development
- Strong communicator with solid executive presentation skills
- Excellent understanding of the IT, applications, and data
centeroperations and trends.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
- Live in the Washington D.C. area
- Deep industry knowledge spanning traditional IT and application development disciplines.
- Must have strong knowledge of
- Strong background in
data center, Internet infrastructure and/or enterprise solution software required.
- Familiar with product roadmap planning to incorporate customer requirements into Splunk service offerings.
- Experience in successfully executing complex sales cycles with CxOs.
- Experience selling complex solutions to the Global 2000 or Fortune 500 Company List.
- Ideal candidates will bring with them a range of industry-related contacts.
- Must have high ethics, integrity, and humility and be able to work with other teams.
- Demonstrated leadership of cross-functional teams tasked with full lifecycle support.
- Ability to build and maintain high credibility with sales teams and strategic customers.
- Formal sales training: Solution-Selling and/or Value Selling training preferred.
- Prefer candidates located in
the Tyson'sCorner/D.C. Area but for the right candidatewe will consider in other major U.S. cities (more travel will be required).
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.