Sales Development Intern - (12 month placement - starting Summer 2020)
Do you want to make an impact and help change the world?
As a Splunk Sales Intern, you’ll be a valuable resource to our sales team. This is an opportunity to work at Splunk that is changing the way information supports business decisions and positively impacting companies all over the world. You will gain hands on experience on how to build business opportunities, develop and nurture for future pipeline and schedule qualified meetings for customers of Splunk and businesses that have never used Splunk before.
You will work alongside the Sales team and experience first-hand how our Sales teams engage and act as advisors and advocate for our products and services. You will help identify various issues that many of our customers encounter and help assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process.
- Splunk Sales Interns will learn Splunk technology, features, solutions and applications.
- You will work with Splunk Sales team to help identify and set appointments with prospective new customers, actively participate in various aspects of the sales process at the direction of your manager and the sales team, and learn to become a Splunk advocate who can clearly articulate Splunk’s value to customers and partners.
- You will answer basic questions from prospects/customers in an accurate and expedient manner, and help to escalate issues or questions that need further attention to your sales team and/or Splunk technical support and will learn to demonstrate Splunk products and services to customers, and at field marketing events such as conferences and trade shows. .
- You need to be organised and analytical, and be creative and adaptive in your approach to problem solving and possess strong presentation skills and be able to communicate clearly and professionally.
- Preference for students pursing a BA/BSc degree program in business, marketing, technology or related fields
- Passion for sales and cutting edge technology and strong written/verbal communication skills.
- Previous intern experience in a sales role or intern experience in technology a plus
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.