Developer Program Lead
Developer Program Lead
Ready to shake things up? Splunk continues to enjoy incredible growth year over year. With growth comes scaling opportunities and the need to take the friction out of our processes, platforms, and systems to drive scale, efficiency, and effectiveness.
As a Developer Program Lead on the Developer Experience Product team, you will play a key role in the success of our developer ecosystem that directly impacts critical business processes that run our $2B+ and growing business.
You will be responsible for defining and creating the Splunk Developer Program from end-to-end. You will need to use your technical expertise and deep experience in delivering programs at scale to drive community engagement around development. To be successful you will have to balance priorities, collaborate with senior leaders, and present to multi-functional teams while defining detailed requirements, delivering within an agile delivery framework, and managing key performance indicators.
This position requires you to be a self-starter with the ability to take ownership, work with tight timelines, handle various tasks simultaneously while continuing to develop a positive work culture. In addition, great oral communication and written documentation skills are critical for this role.
What you'll do: Yeah, I want to and can do that.
- Own and support the developer journey across the app lifecycle, creating programs that drive engagement and technology adoption
- Own and optimize Splunk’s developer portal, dev.splunk.com, driving roadmap for improvement and unification across Splunk’s product suite, working closely with the product team and technical writers
- Create and foster a Splunk Developer Community to provide community-based support at scale (this may include but is not limited to Splunk answers, blogs, and ideas)
- Provide feedback from developers to our product and engineering teams to support world-class developer experience
- Serve as the internal expert on Splunk developers - who they are, what they care about, where they go, and how to reach them
- Collaborate with the Developer Experience product team to ensure developers are supported with the right tools and documentation, including showcase projects, examples, tutorials, and getting started guides
- Collaborate with Marketing to drive developer engagement across a variety of channels, taking the lead as Splunk’s lead developer evangelist. You may be expected to attend and speak at conferences.
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills: ability to deliver presentations, demos, write compelling technical blog posts and communicate technical content to developers (please share links of your work, either video or written)
- A good listener, who can empathize with developer pain points and gather measurable feedback for our product and engineering team;
- Experience with other well-established marketplaces and open-source technologies a plus
Preferred knowledge and experience: These are a huge plus
- Understanding of principles of good API and/or developer tool design, with prior involvement in the development and delivery of APIs and/or developer tools to 3rd party users
- Understanding of change management processes for APIs and/or developer tools delivered to 3rd party users. Bonus for helping a developer ecosystem migrate major platform changes
- Prior experience creating Developer Programs, as a Developer Advocate or in Developer Marketing
Education: Got it!
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical work experience.
What We Offer You: Wow, I want that.
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of extraordinarily hardworking, innovative, open, fun, and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
We don't expect people to work 12-hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and dedication and believe that balance helps cultivate an extraordinary environment
This isn’t a job – it’s a life changer – are you ready?
Splunk has been named one of San Francisco Bay Area’s “Best Places to Work” by the San Francisco Business Times, ten years in a row. We offer a highly competitive compensation package and a plethora of benefits.
Splunk is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected]. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.