Technical Instructor Intern (Summer 2021)
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
We are looking for a dynamic and creative Technical Instructor Intern to join the team and help us deliver world class training for customers and partners. In this role, you will interact with all aspects of a course’s lifecycle - from learning the various Splunk products and course content, to giving cross functional feedback to the curriculum development team, becoming proficient in all the behind-the-scenes systems that support our delivery, and assisting live classes for lecture, lab and student grading. By the end of the program, you will have built a foundation to pursue a career in technical instruction.
- Shadow instructors during classes while working towards teaching sections of the class on your own.
- Assist students in class, particularly with lab and lecture-related inquiries.
- Anticipate and resolve common student problems.
- Attend and pass certification tests related to Splunk courses assigned to you.
- Become adept with different Splunk products by attending training, engaging with the team, and learning more about the software on your own.
- Develop an affinity for an area of Splunk products that interests you - Security, ITops, Observability etc.,
- Perform teach-back sessions with Sr. Instructors while implementing feedback in successive practices.
- Provide input on how to improve course content & delivery.
- Contribute to ad hoc projects that arise, and be able to prioritize multiple concurrent projects and tasks with and without supervision.
- Participate in curriculum planning sessions for new product training.
- Develop an understanding of all facets at Splunk EDU by attending meetings with Curriculum Development, Certification, Ops/Tech and Instructor meetings.
- Experience presenting or teaching technical content.
- Passionate and curious about Splunk products.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and written, with customers, management, team members, and other departments.
- Working knowledge of Unix/Linux shell, Linux Administration, and command-line skills.
- Technical and troubleshooting skills in at least one software application or technology such as AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, machine learning, etc.
Nice to have
- Ability to teach in multiple languages a plus!
- Actively pursuing bachelors in a STEAM discipline, including but not limited to computer science and other technology fields.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which you are applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected]. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.