Sr. Legal Technology & Solutions Manager
We are seeking a hardworking and motivated leader to join Splunk’s growing Legal Operations team. Your team will own the technology portfolio and roadmap for Splunk’s Legal and Global Affairs (LGA) department. Your purview will include selecting, implementing, integrating and maintaining LGA’s technology applications; improving business processes; working with different LGA and support teams; and supervising vendor relationships. Your vision will drive how LGA utilizes technology to scale and grow the business. To that end, the right person must have hands-on technical experience, vendor-management know-how, as well as project management capabilities.
There’s plenty happening in LGA at Splunk! This role will report to the Senior Program Manager of Legal Operations, but the real clients will span LGA leadership, which includes Legal, Government Affairs and Splunk’s social impact arm, Global Impact. The Legal Technology & Solutions Manager will report into this role.
You must be technically astute, and able to work independently, moving quickly from conversation to solution. You love multitasking, are flexible and enjoy working in the weeds to get things done. You have a high attention to detail, superb communication abilities, and never-ending curiosity. You possess excellent customer service skills. You also must be fun, as we are a great team. We live the mantra—work hard, have fun, make history!
- Set the technical vision and strategy, proposing new solutions and approaches leveraging the latest technologies to meet LGA’s legal and business objectives.
- Present, maintain and communicate the technical roadmap to LGA leadership.
- Coordinate with various Splunk internal teams to advance LGA priorities, e.g., IT, PMO, Business Applications.
- Evaluate and enhance business processes through workflow automation and integration using tools such as Mitratech’s Thinksmart Automation Platform (TAP), Docusign, and Google Workspace.
- Select, implement, integrate, test and maintain LGA’s suite of legal and business technologies and solutions, including workflow applications, contract management systems, AODocs, SimpleLegal e-billing platform, eDiscovery solutions and other systems as required.
- Manage LGA’s hardware, software and professional services vendors.
- Manage the department’s intranet.
- Document how-to's and best-practices; perform user testing and training as vital.
- Other responsibilities as needed.
- A minimum of 12 years of relevant experience with a technical bachelor’s degree; or a minimum of 8 years and a technical master’s degree; or a PhD with a minimum of 5 years’ experience; or equivalent experience
- Proven ability to set, communicate, and execute on a technical vision and roadmap
- Ability to think strategically while balancing multiple priorities
- Able to define problem statements, quantify impact, synthesize a story, and recommend solutions
- Experience selecting and maintaining legal technologies (e.g., e-billing systems, matter management, contract management system) and workflow automation tools
- Previous experience in-house at a technology/SaaS company's legal department strongly preferred
- Demonstrable ability to be highly productive with minimal oversight from management
- Excellent communication capabilities and a proven track record of building positive relationships with senior partners
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in certain locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected]. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.