Legal Technology & Solutions Manager - Remote
We are seeking a hardworking and motivated leader who knows how to innovate within a corporate legal department. Bring your experience to help our Legal and Global Affairs Operations team (LGA Ops) scale and grow. You will drive selection and implementation of new technology applications, manage and monitor existing systems and their integrations, and take a continuous improvement approach to Legal and Global Affairs’ (LGA) business processes. You will manage technology projects involving internal and external teams and stakeholders. When necessary, you will use internal tool sets and your MacGyver know-how to deliver solutions. You will work within your LGA Ops team to set the technology vision and roadmap for LGA. Help us understand what is possible.
This role will report to the Director, Legal and Global Affairs Operations, but the real clients will span LGA leadership, including Legal, Government Affairs and Splunk’s social impact arm, Global Impact.
You must be technically astute, and able to work independently, moving quickly from conversation to solution. You need to thrive in multitasking, be flexible, and enjoy working in the weeds to get things done. You have a high attention to detail, superb communication abilities, and never-ending curiosity. You also must be fun, as we are a great team. We live the mantra—work hard, have fun, make history!
Personal Characteristics and Skills
- Demonstrate enthusiasm and resourcefulness while maintaining high degree of accountability, and attention to detail
- Take initiative to identify gaps or opportunities to improve processes and solutions
- Possesses strong organizational and project management skills
- Enjoy multi-tasking and operating independently and multi-functionally
- Show ability and desire to communicate with people across all levels in the organization who have varying levels of technological experience
- Able to understand, analyze and evaluate business processes and related software programs and systems
- Maintain enthusiasm and a sense of humor
- Be able to successfully work in a remote environment
- Analyze and provide assessments on the accuracy, reliability, and effectiveness of existing business processes and supporting systems, and recommend enhancements in system design, business processes, and new technology product offerings
- Build, implement, and maintain workflows using various tools as appropriate, e.g., Thinksmart Automation Platform (TAP), Smartsheets, Google Forms, JIRA, ServiceNow
- Lead requirement gathering sessions with business stakeholders and draft requirement documents to build solutions independently or in collaboration with IT
- Partner with technology teams and third parties in developing and implementing business requirements into actual solutions
- Manage the ongoing LGA technology roadmap, including assessing prioritization and communicating status
- Assist in identifying, designing, and developing metrics to assess employee use of technology applications, organizational effectiveness, and customer satisfaction
- Cultivate and administer operational support systems (e.g., project management, ticketing, knowledge management, task tracking incoming legal requests) for use in support of our various teams
- Manage the administration of other tools, applications, and processes used within the Legal & Global Affairs organization
- Other responsibilities as needed
- Bachelor’s degree with excellent academic credentials
- Proven experience developing workflows on ThinkSmart Application Platform (TAP)
- Experience managing legal applications (e.g. Apttus, DocuSign, EthicsPoint, IPAN, IPFolio, Zapproved, Red Flag Group, SimpleLegal, etc.)
- Minimum of 8+ full years in-house experience in legal operations, with an emphasis on legal technology
- Experience in a dynamic high-performing environment requiring a high level of responsiveness
- Experience working in-house at a technology company strongly preferred
- Expertise with Google Suite, Jira, SmartSheet, ServiceNow, a plus!
- Skilled in requirements gathering, user acceptance testing, implementing systems and process changes
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider employment-qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity at Splunk. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. Splunk is impacted by the mandates outlined for U.S. Government contractors in President Biden’s Path out of the Pandemic: COVID-19 Action Plan. As a result, Splunk requires U.S. employees, whether assigned to an office of 100% remote, to provide proof of full vaccination, as defined by the CDC. Splunk provides reasonable accommodations for employees who have qualifying medical or religious reasons.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected] Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.