Senior Manager, People Technology, Remote US OK
Sr. Manager, People Technology
Join us as we pursue our exciting new vision to make data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, our customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
The Sr. Manager, People Technology is both a strategic and hands-on role where you will be leading a team responsible for deploying technical solutions, scaling processes and technology across benefits, payroll, absence and time tracking. This is an ideal role if you enjoy working with both strategic planning and tactical execution and who becomes comfortable with hands-on responsibilities. In this position, the Sr Manager, People Technology leads key projects by using their strong background in Workday. A successful candidate adapts quickly to a changing environment, takes a global view, is data driven and technically savvy and has a passion for people development.
- Build trust and partnerships with direct customers within the People function and Payroll (Finance)
- Lead end-to-end requirements gathering, configuration, testing and deployment for multiple modules within Workday focusing on Benefits, Payroll, Absence and Time tracking
- Manage a portfolio of projects and prioritize the work of a team of principal analysts, contractors and partners
- Plan and implement technology initiatives with compliance and risk mitigation in mind
- Serve as a consultative partner for payroll and benefits functions providing solutions and a point of view
- Develop positive relationships with key internal partners, such as Legal, Finance, IT, and external partners (vendors, consulting firms, implementation partners)
- Develop and mentor staff
- Design scalable and efficient processes that supports our rapid growth while continuing to deliver an incredible employee experience
- Proactively prototype functionality from semi-annual Workday releases, and maximise unused functionality to automate, streamline and address areas for improvement
- Provide support for end users helping troubleshoot and resolve system issues
- Provide training, demos and documentation
- Partner with end users to develop test strategy, test script and support user acceptance testing
- Be one of the leaders of a team addressing a broad array of integrated people technology
- 10+ years of work experience in a relevant field
- 6+ years of configuration experience with expertise in Workday Benefits, Payroll, Absence, Time Tracking and, ideally, Compensation
- 4+ years of people management experience
- Familiar with US payroll and tax regulations
- Experience implementing systems in multiple regions, familiar with a global work environment
- Strong problem solver, critical thinker and quick learner
- Excellent verbal, analytical and consultative skills
- Proficient in Google Suite and Excel
- Minimum bachelor degree
- Familiar with Agile methodologies
- Ability to influence without authority
- High attention to detail and proven track record managing multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Project management experience
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
(Colorado only*) Minimum base salary of $110,000.00. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits.*Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity, equity, and inclusion at Splunk and are committed to equal employment opportunity. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement. If you need assistance or an accommodation to apply or during the hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. We comply with local, state/territory, and federal regulations to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the countries in which we operate. Preventative measures may require individuals entering Splunk offices to be fully vaccinated and in some cases may require employees to show proof of full vaccination. Splunk provides reasonable accommodations for employees who have qualifying medical or religious reasons.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected]. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.