Technical Cloud Support Engineer, EMEA
Splunk is seeking a Technical Cloud Support Engineer to provide enterprise-level support to our customers and partners. This is a very dynamic role where you will provide technical assistance, troubleshoot and resolve customer problems, collaborate with engineering on various product issues, and contribute to projects revolving around support tools, knowledge management, our growing market place of solutions, and more.
Responsibilities: I can do that!
- Work directly with customers and partners to provide Enterprise and Cloud Level Support
- Respond to and follow up on our client’s product related issues
- Troubleshoot technical issues to establish the root cause of problems and form a solution or workaround across a range of environments
- Develop a keen understanding of the Splunk product
- Provide documentation and participate in online forum support for real-time questions
- Reproduce customer issues and if necessary file bug reports, escalate cases to engineering, and provide necessary documentation
- Providing extraordinary customer service and technical support to Splunk clients and maintaining customer relationships
- Assist in developing support tools to help troubleshoot issues
Requirements: I’ve already done that!
- Experience in: UNIX (Linux, Solaris, AIX, HP-UX), LDAP, Windows, and Mac OS X
- Experience in a Technical Support or Service Engineer capacity
- An understanding of Relational Databases
- Nice to have: Python, Shell Script, Perl, C++/C#/Java, HTML, XML, JSON, Regex
- Experience of Splunk, similar tool or Business Intelligence is a plus
Logicalapproach to problem-solving
- Works well as part of a team and contributes to continuous improvement
- Excellent verbal/written and interpersonal skills, and relationship building capabilities.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritise customer issues effectively
- Passionate about technology with a strong desire to work in a dynamic technical environment
- Must be able to work in a fast paced technical environment and support a product with frequent product releases and regular maintenance updates
- Candidate must already be based in the UK, or be willing to move to the UK.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.