AVP, Sales Engineering - Americas
Location: Anywhere in the US or Canada
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States or Canada on a full-time basis.
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success.
Lead strategic and tactical efforts supporting the Americas team at Splunk. Recruit, hire, lead, and develop a Sales Engineering technical team focused on sales and customer success. Work cross functionally within Splunk to promote and influence strategic product direction supporting Americas sales and customers. Work proactively with sales and the SE team to innovate and develop technical solutions supporting sales and Americas customers/use cases. Qualified candidates will demonstrate the capability to excel in a fast-paced environment, demonstrate deep knowledge of both Splunk and the Americas, lead by example, translate corporate and sales vision into results, become an agent for change, and emphasize a customer service attitude.
- Deliver Sales Engineering services supporting activities needed to make quarterly sales targets;
- Proactively engage with Sales Leadership to create close alignment and develop technical tools/programs to support sales campaigns and initiatives;
- Ensure your organization develops and maintains a catalog of Sales Engineering services, with artifacts, SLA’s and KPI.
- Own the mission for both Splunk and Americas, effectively translating the goals of the organization into actionable plans/activities for you and your teams.
- Ensure that your teams are enabled to support all required Splunk products and solutions along with required sales/soft skills;
- Motivate and lead your team strategically and tactically to meet leadership objectives;
- Work closely with Sales and Sales leadership to develop strategic and technical territory and account plans;
- Jointly own customer success, leveraging best practice and focus to ensure our customers are delighted. Work cross functionally with counterparts in Professional Services, Customer Support, and Education to help ensure customer success;
- Support and deliver regular performance reviews using the skill/will methodology along with assisting team members with building out and executing their individual development plans;
- Manage performance and key talent closely ensuring that we are taking the necessary actions to retain top talent and manage performance at all levels;
- Ensure your organization is managing and tracking customer facing activity in a manner consistent with the rest of the company.
- Conduct regular 1:1’s with your team to provide constructive feedback and skills development;
- Work cross functionally with support, product management, engineering, and other organizations to ensure alignment with Americas, provide process and product feedback, and resolve critical customer situations;
- Provide regular communication to management regarding important issues impacting sales along with metrics/reporting on team performance.
- Clearly communicate and “translate the message” to your team demonstrating Splunk’s leadership principles;
- Hold regular team meetings to provide team leadership/direction as well as allow input on issues affecting the team’s effectiveness;
- Work cross functionally to develop global programs and enablement supporting the broader Technical Services community.
- Excellent communication skills – written and oral. Ability to communicate complex ideas;
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people; challenge and lead people toward their peak performance;
- Previous related management experience required;
- 10+ years is a sales engineering/management capacity or similar experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline or substantial relevant on the job experience
- Current Gartner Magic Quadrant Leader SIEM
- Named one of the “Best Places to Work” 10 years running
- Named in LinkedIn’s “Top Companies 2019: Where the U.S. wants to work now”
- Named in Deloitte Technology Fast 500 - 2018
- Named in Forbes 2018 World’s Best Employers
Are you looking for an incredible place to work that celebrates innovation, leadership and creativity? Please contact us. Splunk offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits. When you join Splunk you'll be working with a team of smart people who are as passionate about our products as our customers' success.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.