Director, Corporate Accounting
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Our employees are passionate about our products and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. We are committed to our work, our customers, to having fun and most significantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey.
We are seeking a highly effective and motivated Director of Corporate Accounting with passion and a proven track record for success in organizational planning, accounting process re-engineering, systems architecture, innovation through technology, and operational transformation. We are seeking a leader who delivers results and who will be a key driver in helping us scale our accounting department. This role requires strong business acumen, and the ability to apply that business knowledge and know-how into the systems, process or reporting solutions that are proposed and delivered. In this role, expectations are high with regards to possessing outstanding communication, collaboration and influencing skills. This role will focus on optimizing our global accounting operations and there will be project initiatives that require a global view and a clear understanding of how to best collaborate with cross-functional teams to lead to optimal solutions. Reporting to the Assistant Controller, you will lead Splunk Corporate Accounting team and have responsibility for a diverse range of accounting, finance, and compliance duties.
What you’ll do
- Lead a global accounting team to execute all accounting processes and activities across the organization to ensure compliance with the U.S. GAAP, domestic and international statutory guidelines, internal policies and external audits
- Lead the team in day-to-day accounting and month-end close activities
- Ensure compliance for annual GAAP and statutory audits, and required compliance related filings for all domestic and international subsidiaries
- Monthly review of financials, including budget versus actual and period over period variance analysis.
- Work cross-functionally with the other departments on new products and initiatives to understand the financial impact and ensure accounting issues are identified and mitigated.
- Maintain a strong internal control environment, updating the design and scope of controls as the business evolves to maintain the integrity of financial reporting.
- Coordinate with internal and external auditors to support their quarterly review and annual audit procedures.
- Partner with FP&A, Technical Accounting, Finance System and other cross-functional teams to develop, support, and improve the systems, policies, and procedures necessary to drive efficiency and provide meaningful financial data.
- Identify, design and implement improvements with respect to business processes and financial reporting
- Provide leadership required to grow and strengthen the global Accounting team, with a commitment to recruiting, training and mentoring
- Possess a deep understanding of ERP systems including sub-modules, including the development, implementation and/or maintenance of one or more accounting systems
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement and operational innovation and regularly interact with business owners and senior level management on accounting matters
- Manage integration of acquired businesses into our financial systems and processes
- Develop and mentor accounting staff to build their professional career and maximize potential
What you’ll need
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or other related field required
- 15 years progressively responsible accounting and finance experience, of which a minimum of 4 years must be in public multi-billion software (preferably SaaS) company and a minimum 5 years in a leadership position managing teams of people with diverse skill sets
- CPA is required
- Proven experience in optimizing Accounting & Finance processes
- Ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise fashion to both technical and non-technical partner
- Exceptional people manager skills, open to direction and collaborative work style and commitment to getting the job done
- Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving and decision making skills
- Solid technical knowledge of GAAP / SEC accounting and reporting requirements
- Experience with scaling and automation of processes
- Ability to work in a dynamic accounting department, successfully juggling multiple entities, projects and deliverables
- Strong managerial, planning, organizational, decision-making, interpersonal, analytical, and lateral thinking skills
- SAP experience is preferred or experience with other global financial systems
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity at Splunk. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. Splunk is impacted by the mandates outlined for U.S. Government contractors in President Biden’s Path out of the Pandemic: COVID-19 Action Plan. As a result, Splunk requires U.S. employees, whether assigned to an office of 100% remote, to provide proof of full vaccination, as defined by the CDC. Splunk provides reasonable accommodations for employees who have qualifying medical or religious reasons.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to accessible[email protected] Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.