Director of Finance, Partner Sales FP&A
Splunk is looking for an individual to join its dynamic finance organization, as an FP&A leader on the GTM finance team. This position will be the partner to VP, Partner Sales, and will directly influence the strategy and execution of Splunk’s fast growing business and transition to the Cloud.
Reporting to the Sr. Director of Customer Success & Partner Finance, this Director of Finance will be responsible for establishing and maintaining effective planning & reporting processes, while also acting as the strategic thought partner to the business. In addition to maintaining strong controllership and operating oversight, you will drive the truth-seeking analysis critical to optimizing resource allocation and effectively balancing Splunk’s high-growth trajectory with desired improvements in operating leverage as we transition into a cloud-first, SaaS organization.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Become a key advisor to the Partner VP and their leadership team, building efficiency and profitability frameworks to link key inputs and outputs across Sales, Marketing and Customer Success
- Dive in and lead the development of the annual operating plans, quarterly and monthly financial forecasts for expenses, headcount, partner bookings and revenue and partner incentives such as rebates and ongoing analysis of actuals versus plan and/or forecast
- Collaborate with key partners to provide decision making support, provide recommendations, and evaluate the effectiveness of key partner plans and investments
- Provide counsel on financial matters that focus on expense control, topline partner revenue growth and profitability of the business. Identify trends and resulting implications, propose key actions and strategic implications
- Develop and monitor Partner financial performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variances.
- Collaborate with team members to enhance global financial and operational performance trends (historical and forecasted) using appropriate metrics
- Prepare management reporting / dashboards - analyze results, distill/synthesize business performance indicators, assess business risk and operating performance, and timely communicate risks and opportunities to management
- Manage one Sr. Analyst and one Jr. analyst
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- 10+ years of related experience, preferably progressive leadership roles within a Finance organization
- This role is for doers; be able to get into the details and get the job done while at the same time being able to see the forest for the trees
- Knowledge and experience in financial/process/operational/technology reviews, risk assessment required with the ability to construct well-targeted management reports within the context of business/industry operations/practices.
- Demonstrated success in developing and applying concepts, practices and procedures of financial planning and analysis. Outstanding forecasting methods and techniques. Advanced analytical and quantitative abilities.
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills. Capable of communicating complex financial information in an easy to understand format. Able to interact comfortably with the executive management team.
- Ability to work with employees at all levels of the organization in an open office or remote setting and a highly collaborative environment with a high growth, start-up mentality.
- Experience and understanding of the SaaS business model
- Outstanding software and system skills (e.g. Microsoft Excel) a must. SAP, Workday, Salesforce.com experience a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure, thrive in a fast-paced environment and stay flexible through growth and change.
- Strong customer service orientation and a desire to help others succeed
- Experience hiring, developing and leading highly successful teams.
- Channel and partner experience a plus
Education: Got it!
- Bachelors Degree in Finance, Economics or related relevant areas
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
(Colorado only*) Minimum base salary of $160,000.00. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits.*Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity, equity, and inclusion at Splunk and are committed to equal employment opportunity. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement. If you need assistance or an accommodation to apply or during the hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. We comply with local, state/territory, and federal regulations to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the countries in which we operate. Preventative measures may require individuals entering Splunk offices to be fully vaccinated and in some cases may require employees to show proof of full vaccination. Splunk provides reasonable accommodations for employees who have qualifying medical or religious reasons.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected]. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.