Principal UX Designer, VictorOps
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, our customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Part of the Splunk family is VictorOps, located in Boulder, Colorado. VictorOps is incident management software purpose-built for DevOps. By centralizing information and offering high-powered integrations, we empower engineering and operations to collaborate, solve problems faster, and continuously improve in high-velocity deployment environments. We care deeply about our customers and strive to improve the quality of life of the on-call technical worker (that's us, too).
Data user experience is a new UX competency which is the conveyance of big data and information in forms that can be seen. We study and create the new visual representation of data and user experience around it. The competency is the beautiful mix of art and technology & science - Are you a seasoned UX designer who is looking for a new challenge? The data UX is filled with undiscovered UX challenges - you could be the first designer to solve these unique design problems.
As a Principal User Experience Designer, you will be involved in the full life-cycle of design. Collaboration and partnership with engineers and product managers to ensure your ideas come to fruition helping evolve the Splunk data UX experience through the formulation of design language and product user interface.
What You’ll Do
- Provide design support throughout product development, from initial concepting to product/feature release and beyond
- Drive design in accord with principles of user-centered design
- Craft user workflow diagrams, storyboards, prototypes, and wireframes
- Advocate for and execute user-centered design/lean UX process for interaction design at throughout the product development process
- Push creativity, challenge established thinking, and discover new ways of solving a problem
- Present designs and effectively communicate design rationale to diverse stakeholders
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (UX, visual designers, UX researchers, product managers and engineering) to create compelling visual designs of interactive experiences
What you’ll bring:
- 10+ years of experience in UX Design
- Expertise in enabling highly technical users quickly and intuitively to analyze, and get insights from, data produced by a wide variety of services and devices, in a wide variety of formats
- Expertise in data visualization
- Deep understanding of design systems, and experience leveraging, and contributing to, design systems
- Expertise in using industry-standard design and prototyping tools (Sketch, Figma, Adobe CC)
- Expertise creating prototypes to communicate design concepts to users and project partners
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Not afraid of ambiguity and willing to learn new skills
- Experience in a fast-paced, iterative development environment, experience with Agile a strong plusTranslate ideas and concepts into world class designs by crafting journey maps, user flows, wireframes, prototypes, and high fidelity mock-ups
Your portfolio needs to include both 'what you have done", which is the typical collection of your work that you have participated, then there should be "what you can do now." part - including self UX/visual study lets us see how you design. We are most interested in learning about your creativity.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.