Contract Manager, Products
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our products and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
We are looking for a hardworking and self-motivated individual with at least 8 years of transactional contract management experience to join our growing Legal team in the role of Contract Manager. Contract management experience focused on technology procurement at global technology companies is strongly preferred.
Personal Characteristics and Skills:
To be successful in this role, you will need to develop strong business relationships with members of the Procurement team, as well as internal business clients from the Products organization. Interest and fluency in technology concepts and architectures is strongly preferred. You should have “can do” attitude but also be able to identify when there is a need for improvement. You will need to enjoy working within defined, yet dynamic processes.
You will report to Director, Products and Services (Legal). Your primary focus will be drafting and negotiating key inbound contracts and licenses that enable our global commercial offerings and pitch in on other contract matters as needed.
In this role you will:
- Support and be responsible for the drafting, reviewing and negotiating standard agreements. These include non-disclosure agreements, software licensing (both on-premise and SaaS), maintenance and professional services and partner agreements.
- Work directly with our Procurement, Products and other internal teams.
- Complete diligence to understand how Splunk will use the technology and discuss with Product counsel and internal business client(s) as needed.
- Facilitate all aspects of the contract lifecycle. This would include contracts management application and other business applications, contract generation, non-standard term approval, contract signature and close and archiving.
- Collaborate with our attorneys across the globe to assess and handle any risks.
- Maintain contract administration including contract process improvement, and contract management tool maintenance, tracking and reporting.
- Interpret and assess our own and 3rd party agreements and quickly identify the issues that need either a business or legal decision.
- Engage with internal compliance and data security teams as needed.
- Take a continuous improvement view of our Legal team and the business such as template agreements and playbooks.
- Assist our business with other legal projects as needed.
- Bachelor's degree;
- At least eight (8) years of contract management and complex negotiation experience in a major law firm or a sophisticated in-house legal department with a focus on technology procurement via various models (on premise, SaaS, etc.);
- Excellent project management and recordkeeping skills;
- Interest and fluency in technology concepts and architectures;
- Ability to take the initiative, work independently, but within a team to prioritize and balance multiple tasks in our dynamic, evolving legal and technology environment;
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, and ability to interact and build trust across all levels of our business;
- Expertise in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and be able to get up to speed quickly on other business applications as needed; and
- Strong business sense with a strategic outlook and an interest in working within a high volume, dynamic and friendly team.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in certain locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.