Principal Technical Product Manager, Salesforce CPQ (US Remote Available)
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
As Principal Technical Product Manager, CPQ you will play a key role within the Sales and Service Technology team at Splunk. This includes working closely with leadership and internal customers as we transform our go-to-market capabilities. Working cross functionally with a broad set of business partners, you will use keen business process understanding, appreciation for simplicity and quality, critical thinking, and a bit of elbow grease to craft holistic solutions that meet business and technology objectives while furthering Splunk’s long range goals.
You will be part of the core team that is responsible for designing, building and maintaining the Salesforce platform and related technologies supporting the customer support and customer success organizations. You will partner with the business stakeholders to understand the organizational GTM strategies, listen and observe business needs and concerns.
You will collaboratively define problems and ideate in problem solving through research and development, experimentation, prototyping, and build new features and capabilities that are easy to use and solve business problems effectively.You will also work with cross-functional teams to help define and recommend best practices across business and system processes.
You will partner with business stakeholders to build a long-term strategy and roadmap for our business systems that supports our evolving business i.e. define areas of focus, proactively manage priorities and the feature backlog to ensure the team is solving the right problems and align with organizational priorities.Come join a collaborative and growing organization where you can make a difference.
- You have 12+ experience designing and supporting large scale, technically complex solutions on the Salesforce especially, implementing the Customer Relation Management (CRM), CPQ (Configure, Price, Quote) and associated ecosystem especially Quote-to-Cash.
- Experience in developing business process and requirements for integrating CPQ with boundary systems such as CRM, CLM and ERP
- Deep understanding of overall Salesforce ecosystem with the entire End-to-End lifecycle of design, architecture, delivery, test, launch and support
- You have come from a programming background using one or more of the languages such as APEX, Visualforce, Java, Python
- Have track record of taking SaaS products from concept to launch
- Analyze current business processes and make recommendations for improvement based on industry trends, leading practices, technical trends and professional business knowledge
- You have a deep understanding of software testing with knowledge on building test plans and executing them in unit, functional and user acceptance test cycles
- Strong technical aptitude - Able to drive technically complex projects for the CRM and be responsible for turning that complexity into a simple user experience.
- Facilitate maintenance and enhancement of the Salesforce.com platform for customer support and customer success teams
- You will drive system enhancement efforts to completion by capturing and assessing user requirements with business partners and provide configuration, development and application support to the teams enabling enhanced productivity, reporting capabilities and collaboration
- Support efforts to grow the platform through new applications and technology as needed
- You are able to explain complex systems and technical topics in a clear, concise manner to others who may have minimal technical knowledge using oral, written and visual presentations
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related fields. Master degree is preferred.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which you are applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity, equity, and inclusion at Splunk and are committed to equal employment opportunity. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement. If you need assistance or an accommodation to apply or during the hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.
To conform to U.S. export control regulations, applicants must be eligible for required authorizations from the U.S. Government.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. We comply with local, state/territory, and federal regulations to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the countries in which we operate. Preventative measures may require individuals entering Splunk offices to be fully vaccinated and in some cases may require employees to show proof of full vaccination. Splunk provides reasonable accommodations for employees who have qualifying medical or religious reasons.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.