Sr. UX Design Manager (Remote)
Splunk is seeking a UX Design Manager to join our Web Marketing team. You are a collaborative and customer-focused operational leader who deeply cares about building scalable programs that work for the broader organization. You are attuned to identifying areas for improvement and are motivated by taking on ambiguous issues. You are driven by crafting repeatable processes that help the team to scale and deliver high-quality, holistic solutions. And you are an accomplished juggler and tenacious prioritizer who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
This position may be remote and will report into the Director of UX Design, Web Marketing.
- Lead, coordinate, and grow a team of hard-working UX designers by communicating a vision, providing direction, mentorship and inspiration
- Balance the strategic and operational needs of your team — from pitching ideas to negotiating trade-off decisions and coordinating resources
- Drive excellence through collaboration with UI design, UX research, web analytics, web programs, and our extended marketing team to identify business opportunities and user needs
- Cultivate positive relationships with executives and peers across the organization to ensure alignment and delivery of an integrated end-to-end user experience
- Drive standards for design excellence supporting our design system, principles, and guidelines
- Promote informed decision-making using quantitative and qualitative research to ensure users’ needs are understood and met
- Steward the Web UX design vision in partnership with the Director of Web UX and the greater Growth Marketing team, broadly driving best-practices around teamwork, user-centricity, and innovation
- Exercise strong communication and champion a culture of trust, feedback, and design excellence
- Adept at delivering high-quality work in an agile, fast-paced environment
- Test-and-learn know-how to measure and refine designs based on user and market data
- Experience attracting, hiring, mentoring and retaining top talent
- Strong project management abilities
- Experience working with and leading distributed teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
This is a remote position located in the US. You must be able to work on the West Coast time zone (PST).
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity, equity, and inclusion at Splunk and are committed to equal employment opportunity. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement. If you need assistance or an accommodation to apply or during the hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.
To conform to U.S. export control regulations, applicants must be eligible for required authorizations from the U.S. Government.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. We comply with local, state/territory, and federal regulations to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the countries in which we operate. Preventative measures may require individuals entering Splunk offices to be fully vaccinated and in some cases may require employees to show proof of full vaccination. Splunk provides reasonable accommodations for employees who have qualifying medical or religious reasons.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.