DevOps Consultant (Professional Services)
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
As a Professional Services DevOps Consultant, you will fuel solutions to ensure enterprise deployments make the deepest impact possible across an organisation. You'll solve an organisations’ most challenging problems. Splunkers are self-motivated and have an insatiable thirst to learn disruptive technologies and thrive in a rapidly changing environment. As a successful Splunk Consultant you will be adept at mastering new technologies and come from a variety of business, analytic and technology backgrounds.
The Splunk Professional Services Consultant will:
- Opportunity to drive complex deployments of Splunk while working side by side with the customers to resolve their unique problems.
- You will work with a team of incredibly hardworking and dedicated peers, all the way from the Field, Sales Engineering and Customer Support.
- Breadth and depth. Do you want to work with partners for maximum effectiveness? We have that.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing our talent through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- The ability to empower customers to take on the next wave of questions on their own.
- A chance to share standard methodologies and create innovative solutions to push user adoption and maximize the value of Splunk.
- Good corporate citizen – two-way flow of relevant and timely information; work as a team for the most efficient use and deployment of resources.
- Collaborate across the entire Splunk organization to bring access to product and technical teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation from customer input.
- Enable customers to solve the next wave of questions on their own
- 3+ years of current experience in Technical consulting or Application Performance Monitoring (APM) Implementation
- Proficiency and demonstrable understanding in at least 2 of the following programming languages: Java, .NET, PHP, Ruby, Python, Node.JS, Objective-C, Java-Dalvik
- 2+ years of current experience working with working with container orchestration i.e. Kubernetes and Docker
- 2+ years of current experience working with Cloud IaaS providers such as Amazon Web
- Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Microsoft Azure
- Experience with enterprise monitoring systems i.e. Nagios, Elastic and Splunk
- Experience with serverless functions i.e. AWS Lambda, Google Cloud Functions, Azure Functions
- Experience of orchestration and automation technologies i.e. Ansible, Terraform ● Strong open systems application and infrastructure knowledge
- Organized with a healthy sense of urgency, able to set; communicate; and meet aggressive deadlines with competing priorities
- Ability to quickly explore, examine and understand complex problems and how they relate to the customer’s business
- Experience with both the Unix and Windows operating systems; comfortable on the command line interface
- Ability to stop, collaborate and listen with technical and non-technical consumers from application developers to executive level partners
- Self-motivated and self-educating, always interested in keeping up with technology and improving oneself
- Demonstrable understanding of common enterprise applications (especially in the areas of APM, and microservices)
- Willing to travel up to 70% across the EMEA region when circumstances permit.
- Not required, but a plus: knowledge of Splunk administration, or statistical and analytical modelling
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.