Chief Technical Advisor, APAC
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
We are seeking an outstanding business technologist to join our team as a Chief Technical Advisor, APAC reporting into the global Chief Technical Advisor. We see major corporations, governments increasing their strategic data investments. These “data-first” organisations are investing to exploit the data future, while at the same time security their enterprises. We know that nearly every problem facing our organisations, our companies, our cities are all data problems. The Chief Technical Advisor role is part of the high revenue growth engine of Splunk, advising these strategic customers through technical executive engagements on adoption of Splunk as the Data-2-Everything platform.
This role will closely follow industry trends and trajectory to shape product priorities, and regularly evangelize Splunk as one of our global thought leading experts with customers, at industry conferences, and partners. Some of the areas covered are the rise of globalisation and the impact on the way we interact with services; artificial intelligence & ethics; decision making in rapidly evolving environments and how technology is being used to address some of our biggest social challenges. This person will additionally partner with internal functions at Splunk such as Splunk Ventures, Field Product Management and Customer Success to feedback the voice of the executives they speak with and provide extended reach to these functions. Key to the success of the role will be the ability to bridge the divide between vertical market group sales plays to drive a wider platform adoption to support transformation.
In addition to requisite passion, skills and experience, the candidate will have a measurable track record in building and leading high performing organizations, preferably with tenure in one of Splunk’s key verticals, giving the ability to advise our strategic clients and partners from a position of experience. This individual will play a key role driving a significant share of revenue for Splunk. Qualified candidates will demonstrate the capability to excel in a fast-paced environment, demonstrate a strong grasp of the application of leading edge technology, lead by example, translate corporate and sales vision into results, become an agent for change, and have a diverse and highly adaptable thought process.
- Drive Splunk’s vision to customer and partner executives to standardise on the Data-2-Everything platform
- Become the technical executive advisor for our most strategic customers in APAC
- Enable Splunk Field technical staff on how to be more effective at technical executive engagement
- Become a key part of the big bet revenue initiatives for the region
- Build strong partnerships with Government Affairs to ensure Splunk part of the wider government conversation
- Act as a chief technical evangelist for the business across the region
- Support the Splunk Global Affairs agenda by engaging with thought leaders in the region to futher Splunk’s data for good initiatives
- Engage in press relations to become the voice of Splunk for the region for matters relating to the business impact of technology
- Work with the strategic alliances team to create strong partnership with key System Integrators and Technology Alliance Partners
- Represent Splunk as a thought leader delivering keynotes at major conferences
- Regular blogging on the topics that are top of mind for CIOs, Chief Architects and change leaders
- Supporting Splunk Ventures on building relationships with target companies
- Advising Splunk executive leadership on key shifts in the market
Skills and Experience
- Excellent presentation skills in front of all business levels Line of Business owners and C-level suite with a focus on digital transformation
- The ability to lead and inspire people both internally and externally
- Detailed understanding of the impact of having a strong data architecture on a business
- Familiarity with and proficiency in global and enterprise scale solutions, including sizing and performance considerations, capacity and performance management
- Leading in matrix environments
- Strong understanding in technology especially the ethical applications of machine learning and AI
- Ability to explain the “Why” - Splunk provides the data capability to empower people within our customers, the technology is just the first part
- Experience in a leadership role in either a startup or a fast growing technology company
- Strong consultative skills with a track record of advising executives at strategic clients
Do you think that you have the skills and experience to thrive in this role? If you do we would love to hear from you!
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.