Account Manager - Public Sector, Central Government
Come and join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
You will join our dynamic, hardworking and winning Major Accounts Team as our Manager Account Manager based in Tokyo reporting to the Major Account Sales Leader for Japan. In addition to requisite passion, skills and experience, you will have a measurable track record in building and leading strong, long term relationships with our customers at the Executive CX level and play a meaningful role in driving a significant share of revenue for Splunk.
- Consistently deliver bold license, support and service revenue targets – dedication to the number and to deadlines
- Significant experience in Territory mapping, account planning and opportunity management
- Successful in negotiating favourable pricing and business terms with large commercial enterprises by selling value and return on investment
- Collaborate and work with inside sales and partners for maximum effectiveness
- Collaborate in partnership with sales engineering and in-house and external partner services resources
- Intimately skilled in account planning, strategy and sales calls
- Exceeds in a fast-growing organisation, dedicated to disrupting the industry
- Use our sales methodology and processes effectively
- Understand how to bring to bear both international and domestic colleagues to expand deal size and value to the customer
- Good corporate citizen – two way flow of relevant and timely information;
- Provide timely and insightful input back to other corporate functions, particularly product management and marketing Bulleted content
- You will have up to 8-10+ years direct and channel selling experience to large enterprises customers across Japan
- Consistent track record in selling to the “C” audience suite closing six and seven figure software licensing deals
- Strong executive presence and polish
- Forecasting commit and forecasting accuracy
- Outstanding interpersonal, written and presentation skills
- Experience presenting to large public customers at industry events
- Thrives in an honest, dynamic, fast-growing, rapidly changing and strong Team environment
- Able to work independently and remotely from other members of your expansive team and corporate
- Relevant software industry expertise in IT systems, enterprise or infrastructure management
- Experienced in maintaining the integrity and sensitively of data within CRM systems (Sales Force)
- Track record of success and knowledge with prospects and customers within Enterprise Accounts within Japan
- Native Level Japanese Communication Skills (Oral and Written)
- Fluency in English is highly desirable though not essential
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.