Channel Sales Manager, North Asia (BJ, SH or HK)
We are looking for a Dynamic Partner Sales Leader to help us continue to build and expand our Partner program throughout North Asia, and to lead and inspire our Partners Sales Manager team. You will have the opportunity to use your leadership, motivational and strategic business skills to make an impact and help change the way business and organizations run their businesses and you will have a blast doing it! Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, coordinating sales and services through the indirect sales channel of our Partners, resellers, distributors and representing the Company to the Channel partners across North Asia. Additionally, Splunk will be operationalizing new Route-to-market with OEM manufacturers, cloud players, as well as Managed Service Providers. The successful candidate should be well versed in and understands the business modelling and dynamics of the existing partner eco-system as well as new RTMs, and effectively develops both short term execution plans and strategic growth/acceleration plan. The Channel Sales Manager will be involved in aspects of many sales-oriented activities, including marketing (field and electronic), internal channel structure, sales, promotions and shows, coordination of training, relating to partners.
Reporting to the Head of Channel Sales, APAC, this responsibility will be accomplished by establishing professional working relationships with the Splunk sales teams, the Channel Partners and Splunk Professional Services, Marketing and Support teams and by developing a core understanding of the unique business needs of prospects and customers within the Partners’ respective fields of specialty and expertise.
- Take accountability for Splunk’s North Asia Partner business plan, strategy and execution ensuring alignment with Splunk APAC’s overall strategy to drive top line revenue growth
- Drive, lead and grow joint sales pipelines across all motions to sell Splunk to all Partner types to meet and exceed revenue targets. Hence, knowledge of resell, distribution, MSP, OEM, cloud selling motions would be ideal.
- Recruitment of new potential partners
- Effective identification, recruitment, onboarding, motivation of new and appropriate Partners and develop the Splunk business across all priority territories in China, Hong Kong and Taiwan.
- Develop a joint value proposition for each Partnership and communicate internally and externally. Build business plans with timelines, success metrics and planned activities to achieve business goals
- Work closely with Global/APAC teams (sales engineering, Professional Services, Education teams) to develop all Partner enablement programs according to the business plan across NA.
- Introduce and launch Partners to Splunk Sales, Marketing and Services and create, manage and participate in joint marketing events
- Splunk Managed Partners (SMPs) & Big Bet partners
- Define specific partner business plans with SMPs/Big Bet partners and align closely with LAER model for client management and new business development
- Drive accountability and success with SMPs through clear KPI / metric set-up (eg partner sourced pipelines, new logos, renewals, expansion, influenced revenue)
- Ability to secure investment from SMPs
- Regular governance and cadence at CxO / Managing Directors / senior management level on both sides to drive continued focus and success
- Develop cadence for and joint accountability with internal stakeholder communications, planning, and sharing of success metrics
- Versatile at driving cross-functional engagements.
- Building s successful and motivated team and develop a career progression plan for them.
- Significant track record of successful sales leadership, ideally within the software and services market with validated quota overachievement
- Experience in successfully working in a matrixed, fast-moving and constantly changing sales environments
- Minimum 15 years of successful channel related sales experience in the technology industry, ideally within Software market
- Validated experience in developing long term relationships with Executive Leadership within Tier1 and 2 Channel Partners in North Asia.
- Strong leadership skills - able to motivate and guide a geographically dispersed team to achieve and exceed stretch quota goals while building a cohesive team.
- Consistent record in Recruiting, Retaining & Developing key talent
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills with the ability to engage with and present to executive level
- Successful in building positive internal networks
- Proven business and industry knowledge and experience in building Channel partnerships
- Ability to understand business issues and articulate the Splunk value proposition
- Shown ability to engage and influence the field and sales management
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.