Senior Motion UI Designer, Applications
Do you think design has the power to make the world better? Are you excited by the challenge of helping people analyze and draw mission-critical insights from big data?
If so, we here at Splunk would love to hear from you!
Join us as we pursue our new design vision to make machine data accessible and valuable to everyone. Our team is looking for a talented UI Motion Designer to join our growing design organization.
You will apply your motion design skills to simplify interactions with complex data, create and craft beautiful and compelling UI transitions and collaborate with our Design Systems team to establish a UI motion design language for our products.
We believe that motion design is an essential element in modern UIs, not only to help the users better understand the complexity of the interface and content they need to interact with, but also to delight them with small unexpected details throughout the product experience.
You have a keen eye for elegant, modern design, and UI patterns. You can articulate the reason behind your design choices, and effectively collaborate with our product and engineering partners to make sure our business and technical requirements are taken into account, and at times pushed, to ship the best product experience we possibly can.
What You’ll Do
- Design motion UI transitions, behaviors, systems and animations that help, guide and delight our users
- Advocate for and execute user-centered design/lean UX process for interaction design throughout the product development process
- Collaborate with engineering, product management and product marketing throughout the creative process to develop and execute award-winning design work
- Comfortably move between quick prototypes that illustrate your ideas quickly and effectively, and polished motion design that pushes what our product can do
- Craft design specifications and design standards in the form of storyboards, prototypes, motion samples, and storytelling.
- Actively participate and assist implementation and continue design work as needed through release and beyond
- Create animation for engineers to implement into our products
- May provide supervision and mentorship to junior Motion UI Designers as needed
What You’ll Bring
- 6-8 years of experience
- A deep understanding of design systems
- A deep understanding of typography for web/mobile based applications
- In depth knowledge of Adobe Premiere and/or After Effects.
- A solid portfolio of work / samples of motion UI design that effectively demonstrates your workflow process.
- Understanding and comprehension of digital strategy, online marketing, information architecture, web development constraints, and usability best practice.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and problem solve.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.