Principal Software Engineer in Test
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun, and most meaningfully to each other’s success.
Splunk is seeking an exceptional Principal Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) - technique lead, to support and test the next generation of Splunk Platform. You are responsible for testing various components and services of Splunk for both on-premise and Splunk Cloud Offerings. You will work closely with the Engineering and Product team to develop, script and execute sophisticated tests to verify conformance of Data platform features and their functionality implemented by Engineering against required functional specifications laid out by Product Management. You have an opportunity to innovate the testing methodologies in big data technique with industrial expertise. We are looking for motivated, enthusiastic and focused individuals who have a real passion for quality engineering and have strong knowledge of product quality standards, automation and processes.
- Drives Cloud and Enterprise software testing strategy to deliver in a continuous delivery model.
- Drives technology direction and continuously raises the bar on technical excellence and delivery.
- Works intimately with the Engineering and Product Management teams to develop, automate, and execute sophisticated tests against required specifications.
- Collaborates with external and internal teams and it’s the heart of what makes Splunk a phenomenal place to work at.
- Communicates effectively with senior leadership and architects on testing and quality strategic plans.
- Participates in high profile and critical customer engagements and escalations as needed.
- Incorporates customer use cases, issues, telemetry data back into testing to enhance the overall product quality.
- Proactively identifies testing and process gaps and implements solutions to achieve efficiencies across the organizational boundaries.
- Coaches and mentors SDET engineers on best practices and technology direction.
- Helps build the talent pool in the organization with hiring.
- Promotes Splunk innovations at meetups, recruiting events, and conferences.
- Passionate at quality engineering and Splunk
- Solid experience in setting up and working on distributed systems and solutions like AWS Cloud, Google Cloud Platform, or Azure.
- Strong SAAS background with understanding of API & micro-services testing.
- Solid experience with Kubernetes, Docker, and any container orchestration system/solution.
- Solid experience in at least one programming language, such as Python (most preferred), Go, Java, Ruby, Perl, or C++. With SCM experience using Git, GitHub, or GitLab.
- Solid experience in test automation framework using Pytest, Selenium WebDriver, or any Go testing framework (e.g. Ginkgo).
- Solid experience in DevOps and CI/CD related technologies.
- Excellent on critical thinking and problem-solving.
- Expert in exploratory testing by fully understanding your designated features or areas.
- In-depth system administration skills in Linux and Windows.
- Effective communicator who can be the technical spokesperson for his Team/Area in broader architecture and technology discussion.
- Experience building up test framework or infrastructure.
- Experience dealing with cross-functional teams, including Support, Sustaining, and Customer Escalations.
- Experience in engineering management and leadership.
- BS EE or CS degree; 12 + years related experience (or Masters and 8 + years related experience or Ph.D. and 5+ years' experience).
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.