Senior Engineering Manager
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make all machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey! If you thrive on leading software development teams while staying close to innovation and technology, we want to talk to you. We are embarking on a journey to “Cloud First”, developing cloud-native architectures at an internet-scale. We are at the core of Splunk’s cloud technology and preparing to rapidly evolve the core platform and services for the next decade.
The Platform Security organization is looking for a talented engineering manager to build a brand-new Secrets Management team and lead the mission for secrets and key management across all of Splunk’s products and across all environments, On-premise, Enterprise Cloud and Splunk’s Cloud Platform. This team will be responsible for enabling and ensuring customers’ as well as Splunk Infrastructure secrets are protected all the time along with comprehensive key management capabilities. Are you excited to be part of the multi-year mission of building the best security software and services across Splunk products, significantly uplifting the security posture of Splunk products and building customer trust on Splunk products with the highest degree of data security.
As a Senior Manager of Software Development, you will be leading a team of highly capable and committed engineers working on Splunk’s core cloud platform, enterprise cloud and on-premise products. Be a part of a closely-knit team in Seattle and the SF Bay area and will have a large impact on leading and architecting the future of Splunk cloud. This role will provide the opportunity to be immersed in both platform and microservices on Splunk cloud with exposure to a full portfolio of technology areas.
- Define vision and charter as well as influence and articulate connection to broader efforts.
- Lead teams with autonomy, on complex efforts, with consistently strong execution.
- Expand team and own capabilities while executing against current priorities.
- Understand the needs of the business and highlight this info when vital to drive execution.
- Proactively able to see gaps and opportunities and work to respond to them.
- Take a new team and evolve the team to strong execution.
- Connect with Product Managers to reinforce quarterly roadmaps for the teams and teams who depend on your team
- Effectively navigate cross-functional communication to ensure alignment between teams and within own team
- Coach team to build a culture of open feedback and accountability
- Fully integrate standard management practices into your leadership approach and build upon them from diverse experience.
- Exercise judgment and autonomy when it comes to identifying and exemplifying DE&I practices for the organization
- Creating an environment that is motivating and inclusive for all Splunkers
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and Engineering
- 12+ years of experience in actively developing large scale software and services
- 4+ years of experience managing software development team of 6-10 people
- 4+ years of experience working on security services and technologies
- Experienced in developing secrets management software and services, such as, Azure Key Vault, HashiCorp Vault, AWS Secrets Manager, etc.
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent communication skills
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity, equity, and inclusion at Splunk and are committed to equal employment opportunity. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement. If you need assistance or an accommodation to apply or during the hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. We comply with local, state/territory, and federal regulations to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the countries in which we operate. Splunk provides reasonable medical, religious, or other legally required accommodations for eligible employees.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected] Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.