Legal Operations Manager, Vendor Management and E-Billing
Are you analytical, detail-driven, and technically savvy? Do you like managing complex processes and external relationships in a fast-paced environment? If so, we have a place for you at Splunk! Come join us!
The Legal Operations Manager, Vendor Management and E-Billing role will be responsible for designing and launching a vendor/outside counsel management program to increase efficiency, improve quality and derive greater value from our outside counsel and other service providers. Help us build a list of preferred firms and define program guidelines. You will oversee the matter management and the e-billing processes (matter creation, invoice review, accruals and forecasts), and own the business relationships with our outside counsel and key vendors for Legal & Global Affairs (LGA) . You will support the LGA’s leadership in vendor budgeting, expenses and reporting. This role requires close coordination with Sr. Strategic Operations Manager and Finance business partners to build a smooth flow of information and ensure timely reporting of LGA financial information.
You will be working directly for the Senior Program Manager of Legal Operations, but your clients will span LGA leadership, which include Legal, Government Affairs and Splunk’s social impact arm, Splunk for Good. The right candidate will enjoy working with a diverse team that gets things done and makes a difference.
You must be technically astute, intellectually curious, a fast learner, and able to move quickly while keeping focused on what matters most. You demonstrate initiative, enthusiasm and resourcefulness. You are undaunted when juggling multiple priorities, and don’t mind rolling up our sleeves. You possess excellent customer service skills, while maintaining an appreciation for the sensitivity and confidentiality of the work. You also must be fun, as we have a great team. Live the mantra—work hard, have fun, make history!
- Advance and own all aspects of LGA’s vendor/outside counsel management program, including budgeting, expense tracking, enacting business reviews, ensuring vendor compliance, benchmarking, etc.
- Define procedures, update guidelines, interface with firms, facilitate business reviews, and drive more accurate and predictable pricing through alternative and flat fee arrangements
- Oversee vendor onboarding, matter management, spend management, accrual submission, forecasting, reporting and budgeting
- Serve as the department’s the internal outside counsel and e-billing subject-matter expert internally, assisting LGA staff, responding to support questions, following up on open issues, and performing trainings
- Oversee LGA e-billing system (SimpleLegal), including administration, firm management (onboarding/offboarding/communications), matter creation and invoice review
- Maintain materials and provide subject matter expert training (e.g., templates, FAQs, quick guides, web pages, etc.) as needed
- Collaborate with financial and procurement partners on behalf of LGA and support closing each month, quarter and fiscal year
- Provide regular reports related to outside counsel and 3rd party spend
- Stay knowledgeable of trends in legal software
- Perform other responsibilities as needed
- 8 years of related experience with a technical bachelor’s degree; or 6 years and a technical Master’s degree; or a PhD with 3 years’ experience; or equivalent experience
- Experience developing or managing an outside counsel program for a global in-house legal department including developing fixed fee and alternative fee arrangements (especially with an IP-focused or technology/SaaS company)
- Strong knowledge of e-billing, matter management, and other related legal software (e.g., contract management, document management)
- Understanding of various accounting principles
- Highly productive with minimal oversight
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.