Director, Pricing Strategy and Monetization - Applications
Join us as we pursue our ground-breaking new vision to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
As Director, Pricing Strategy and Monetization - Applications, you will work from the customer backward to make Splunk simple and efficient for our customers. You will help us continuously evolve our business model to deliver value to our customers and drive product adoption and growth. You will own crafting new business models as Splunk expands its product portfolio and addresses new customer use cases. This role specifically focuses on applications - Enterprise Security or Observability/IT operations.
In this role, you will work on highly sophisticated problems, gaining insight into the strategic and operational issues which are forefront in the minds of the Splunk leadership team. You will work with senior-level decision-makers across the company to deliver for our customers.
You have a strong product, market background and excel in different areas of strategy development and execution including project management, business development, consensus building, problem-solving, and people development. Enterprise software products and experience collaborating with go-to-market (GTM) will be critical in this role. In addition, the ability to thrive in an unstructured, collaborative environment with a strong level of comfort around sophisticated problems and ambiguous situations. An approach of ownership with strong execution prowess in a B2B enterprise software context is critical to success.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Drive the next wave of innovation in Splunk’s business model, on-premises and in the cloud.
- Work cross-functionally to deliver innovation to our customers. You will structure problems, analyze opportunities, develop solutions and implementable recommendations and get results through a detailed, data-backed process.
- Develop strategic business cases working with cross-functional teams outlining business opportunity, rationale, and execution plans to achieve the vision for the opportunity across Product, Sales, Marketing, and/or engineering teams.
- Provide our sales functions with the tools and insights required for success.
- Be a trusted advisor for large/ strategic customers; build and maintain strong customer relationships. Gather customer insights and feedback and infuse the learning back into the organization and product area roadmap.
Who You Are & What Makes You Qualified:
- 12 + years of total experience in product management, pricing, corp. strategy, business planning or FP&A at an enterprise software company, or management collaborating with a focus on hi-tech. Experience in Enterprise Security or Observability would be a plus
- Experience operating in an ambiguous environment and driving adoption of new and emerging products
- Consistent track record of working cross-functionally to deliver impact
- Proven customer obsession with results
- Demonstrated consistent ability to drive both strategy and results.
- Strong leadership and communication skills – written and verbal – to work with senior executives both internal and with customers. Comfortable in business and technical discussions.
- Strong people development and influencing skills; able to build and drive extended and virtual teams
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study; MBA a plus but not required
- The position is located in the bay area - San Francisco or San Jose or Seattle
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
(Colorado only*) Minimum base salary of $135,000.00. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits.*Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity, equity, and inclusion at Splunk and are committed to equal employment opportunity. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement. If you need assistance or an accommodation to apply or during the hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. We comply with local, state/territory, and federal regulations to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the countries in which we operate. Preventative measures may require individuals entering Splunk offices to be fully vaccinated and in some cases may require employees to show proof of full vaccination. Splunk provides reasonable accommodations for employees who have qualifying medical or religious reasons.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected]. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.